|Hiring Organization||Valley Hospital|
|Post Name||Activity Therapist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Music, Recreation Therapy, or related therapeutic discipline; or a Master’s degree in Art Therapy or Occupational Therapy|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85018|
Valley Hospital is a 122-bed psychiatric hospital located in Phoenix, Arizona. Valley features individual units for adults and offers inpatient acute care and intensive outpatient programs including Freedom Care, a dedicated first responder, and a military program. Valley Hospital is built on three core principles, outstanding care, compassionate people, and unparalleled service.
- This is a full-time, onsite position located in Phoenix, AZ (36th Street and Thomas Rd)
- The schedule will be 4 10-hour shifts (40 hours per week)
- EXCELLENT COMPENSATION and BENEFIT OPTIONS
The Music, Art & Recreation Therapies (MART) Department Therapist is responsible for planning and implementing discipline-specific therapeutic services for the assigned program, which involves defining and implementing treatment goals as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and providing continuous patient care, observation, interaction, and role modeling to patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Music, Recreation Therapy, or related therapeutic discipline; or a Master’s degree in Art Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- One (1) year of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with an understanding of mental illness, is preferred.
- Certification or licensure by state and/or national governing body in the following areas: Art, Recreation, or Music Therapy, or the ability to obtain licensure or certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- Successful completion of CPR Certification prior to hire
- May be required to work overtime and flexible hours
Universal Health Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Our operating philosophy is as effective today
As it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the United Kingdom.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and
As such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status,
Protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success.