|Hiring Organization||City Colleges of Chicago|
|Post Name||Adjunct Instructor|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or higher|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 34 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60612|
Malcolm X College is currently seeking adjunct instructors to teach Respiratory Care. If you have a passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
They will also have a passion for teaching and learning along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. The A.A.S. in Respiratory Care will offer the study of theory and techniques instrumental in the diagnosis, treatment, management, and preventative care of patients with cardiopulmonary problems.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Present effective instruction to students based on approved course syllabi.
- Assess and grade students based on legitimate assessment factors.
- Maintain and submit student attendance records and student grades.
- Hold one hour of student conference time per week for every course section taught.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Registered Respiratory Therapist holding a valid IL license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- 4 years or more of clinical experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar Learning Management System preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with diverse groups of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD).
A membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publisher.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.