|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||12000/- To 15000/- Per Month|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
Amazon.com is a vast Internet-based enterprise that sells books, music, movies, housewares, electronics, toys, and many other goods, either directly or as the middleman between other retailers and Amazon.com’s millions of customers.
Amazon.com, Inc., known as Amazon (/ˈæməˌzɒn/), is an American online business and cloud computing company. It was founded by Jeff Bezos. It is based in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based store in the world by total sales and market capitalization.
A Packer, or Picker Packer, is a warehouse employee responsible for fulfilling orders by arranging inventory in shipping containers and preparing them for shipment. Their duties include interpreting order invoices to determine which items need to be sent out, performing quality control assessments, and stacking items safely and securely in the right packaging.
Packer Duties and Responsibilities
A Packer will have the following duties and responsibilities at their place of work:
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Inspecting packages to ensure they are not damaged
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories
- Keeping records of packages including delivery notes, invoices, etc.
- Filling out packing and order forms with the relevant shipping information
- Sealing shipping containers and labeling them appropriately
- Cleaning shipping containers and other shipping supplies
Packer Skills and Qualifications
A suitable Packer needs to have the following skills and qualifications in order to be qualified for the role:
- In-depth knowledge of packing and shipping procedures
- Ability to operate shipping vehicles
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Packer Education and Training Requirements
Packers are not usually required to have any advanced educational qualifications. A high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED) is usually sufficient. This shows that the Packer understands the basic rules of arithmetic and communicating in the English language.
For Packers who actually drive shipping vehicles, they may be required to get a commercial driving license (CDL) before starting the job. A forklift license may also be required. Other than these, being a Packer does not require much in terms of training and education. All training will be received on the job.
Packer Experience Requirements
Typically, a Packer requires a minimum of one year’s experience working in this role, or in a similar role such as order picker, truck loader, etc. They should be comfortable working on their feet for a considerable amount of time.
Packers should have some experience working in a warehouse or factory, packaging goods for shipment. Experience as a warehouse operative apprentice is also suitable. They need to be familiar with using packing material such as bubble wrap. It will also be good to have experience using computers to log in items and manage an inventory.