Network Project Engineer
|Post Name||Network Project Engineer, Edge, APAC Edge Projects|
|Qualification||Diploma in IT or Computer Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||25000/- To 35000/- Per Month|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Data Centre Technician to provide support for our Edge Data Center locations at our Data Services in the Asia Pacific region.
You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills You are a high performer with a “can do” attitude. You will be required to travel between sites in Australia and Asia Pacific region conducting project work for infrastructure build.
Routine audits, service assessments, and providing any remote support required by our internal teams. You will be expected to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labor to ensure that our stringent standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
You will have experience building relationships with internal and external teams and or customers along with innovating effective solutions to meet issues & problems as they arise. You will have previous hands-on and ideally remote technical troubleshooting experience using vendors and suppliers and a proven ability for solving complex problems.
About the Role:
As a Data Center Technician, you will get to support and maintain the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure across a number of local and remote locations. The role may involve periods of working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications.
Your day job will include:
- Leading and participating in projects creating or expanding Edge Data Centers in APAC
- Working hands-on on a site or managing third-party vendors remotely:
- Build our Data Center Infrastructure: Equipment Rack & Stack
- Triage and repair of server & network hardware and cabling
- Troubleshoot network installation & configuration
- Resolve Data Center facility issues
- Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events.
- Improving all operational processes and security with each site.
- Generating metrics to provide details of the performance of remote facilities in a diverse range of areas.
- Participating in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates.
- Driving projects/support issues to completion,
- Helping build the world’s largest cloud infrastructure in Australia and the Asia Pacific region (APAC).
- The position has an on-call component, you should be prepared and willing to participate in a rotating on-call roster.
- The position may require weekend work on a rotational basis, you should be prepared and willing to participate in weekend work.
- Proficiency with MS Office, and MS Project.
- This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
About the team
The team is based in various locations throughout the APAC region and is involved in deploying a variety of technologies in our data centers.
- Diploma in IT or Computer Science
- 4+ years working in a data center operations environment
- Proficiency in 1 or more network operating systems – Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Junos
- Hands-on experience in deploying infrastructure ( Network as well as Computing Systems) within Data Centers
- Data center inventory management, security, network connectivity
- Data center facilities: power feeds, power redundancy, ATS, hot/cold aisles
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently within tight deadlines
- Experience managing and driving complex projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations
- Understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs
- Lean, Six Sigma, or Operational Excellence knowledge and/or proficiency