Edge DCO Tech
|Post Name||Edge DCO Tech|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||15000/- To 20000/- Per Month|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (“ADSL”) is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Technical Lead to provide hands-on support for our Edge data center.
- You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills. You are a high performer with a “can do” attitude.
- Supervise with Colocation operators performing servicing or preventive maintenance
- Assist in performing root cause analysis for operational issues
- Perform first-level trouble-shooting for facility and rack-level events
- You will have experience building relationships with internal and external teams/customers along with innovating effective solutions to resolve issues & problems as they arise.
- You will have previous hands-on technical troubleshooting experience and a proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Approval of all CMs (Change Management Tasks) to enable changes and maintenance at sites
- You will be required to provide remote support required by our internal teams.
- Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, and task prioritization.
About the Role:
As an Edge Operations Tech at ADSL, you will get to maintain and operate the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure across a number of local and remote locations. The role involves some periods of working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications.
Your day job will include:
- Remote troubleshooting of Edge network and compute Infrastructure
- Remote triaging and repairing server & network hardware in coordination with on-ground hands and eye support
- The role has a 24X7 shift rotation.
- Coordinate in resolving data center facility issues
- Coordinating remote hands & eyes for any site issues
- Participating in small to mid-size site improvement projects
- Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events. – Improving Safety and Security operational processes
- Participate in team/service provider meetings for metric and performance analysis
- Assist senior techs in quality check of the new site and edge network scaling projects handed over to operations
- Guide vendor resources on AWS Edge standards, policies, and guidelines providing remote hands and eye support
Internal job description
ADSL is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Edge Operations Technician to provide hands-on support for our Edge data center. Loop competencies
- Proven experience in data center network and compute equipment/rack fault finding and troubleshooting techniques.
- In-depth operational understanding of networking hardware: copper and optical fiber cabling, switches, routers, and server hardware and associated troubleshooting.
- Experience with Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, L2/L3 technologies, Cabling (Fiber/Copper/Transceivers/MDF/LDF)
- Proven experience managing contractors and vendor staff to meet operational objectives and timelines, both on-site and also remotely.
- Strong Communication and project management skills
- The position has an on-call component, you should be prepared and willing to participate in a rotating on-call roster.
- Proficiency with MS Office and productivity tools
- A passion for technology
- This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
- 3+ years working in a data center/Edge operations environment
- Proficiency in 1 or more network operating systems
- Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Junos – Data center inventory management, security, network connectivity
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix configuration
- Data center facilities: power feeds, power redundancy, ATS, hot/cold aisles
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently within tight deadlines.
- Experience managing and driving operational improvement projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations.
- Understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.