|Hiring Organization||Vets Now Hospital Manchester|
|Post Name||Animal Care Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 11 Per Hour|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M45 6TQ|
About the Job
- Full-Time Animal Care Assistant
- Up to 11.16ph plus benefits
- Join our 24/7 emergency and specialty referral hospital in Manchester
Vets Now are the UK’s leading provider of emergency pet care, providing a trusted service to more than 1400 veterinary practices – from dedicated out-of-hours clinics and three 24/7 pet emergency hospitals. You will be joining a dedicated team of Vets, Nurses, Animal Care Assistants, and Receptionists in our 24/7 emergency and specialty referral at Manchester Hospital.
Our dedicated ACAs are invaluable in our ECC clinics
An animal care assistant is invaluable on a busy shift in an emergency clinic. As an ACA at Vets Now, you will be trained in assisting the clinical teams to provide a comfortable and stress-free, in-patient environment.
Under the guidance of our Vet Nurses and Vet Surgeons, you can expect to be handling patients for basic procedures, assisting with running diagnostic tests, and ensuring all pets in our care are as comfortable as they can be. You could be asked to help set up and clear down a theatre for surgical procedures, as well as make sure all in-patients have their basic husbandry needs to be attended to.
We are looking for a skilled animal care assistant with a genuine passion for people and animals that can commit to the following rota pattern:
- 4 shifts on / 4 shifts off working from 20:30 to 07:30
- Plus, a fair share of bank holidays.
What we offer in return for your hard work and dedication
Recognizing hard work is really important to us. Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer first-class benefits and rewards package that includes:
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Cash Health Plan provided by Simply Health
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s retailers
- £780 CPD allowance increasing annually pro-rata
- 10 hours paid CPD hours annually pro-rata
- Family-friendly policies including sick, maternity, paternity, and adoption pay schemes
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Paid volunteering days
- Death in service of two times the annual salary