|Hiring Organization||Blue Cross rehoming, advice and behaviour unit, Exeter|
|Post Title||Jobs in Devon|
|Post Name||Animal Welfare Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 33 Per Hour|
|Location||Devon, England, United Kingdom EX2 5JL|
Animal Welfare Assistant, Devon rehoming advice and behaviour unit
12 Month fixed term contract, part-time (33.5 hours)
What is the role?
We are currently recruiting for an Animal Welfare Assistant to work as part of our team delivering a first-class customer experience, answering queries and matching and rehoming pets effectively and by presenting a professional and friendly approach both face to face and on the telephone.
Our Blue Cross team members will be passionate about animal welfare and have a desire to help pets and people. We are looking for success-orientated individuals who will thrive on the challenge of working in a Blue Cross rehoming and advice unit.
This role is a 12-month fixed-term contract working part-time, 33.5 hours per week over four days. The hours will be 8:30 am – 5 pm three days a week and 8:30 am – 4:30 pm one day a week and you will be working on a locally agreed rota which includes weekends and public holidays.
Want to know more about the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
- Valid manual driving licence, this role requires a significant amount of driving• Paid or
- Voluntary employment with domestic animals
- Experience in working with members of the public in a customer service environment
- Sound administrative skills, including computerised systems
- Experience in working with strict health and safety procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Experience in cash handling
It would also be great if you had:
- Paid or voluntary employment in an animal welfare environment
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Animal management qualification or equivalent experience gained through employment or vocational training
- Animal behaviour qualification or equivalent experience gained through employment or vocational training
Why work for Blue Cross?
- 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) – pro rata
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Holiday exchange & enhanced parental leave
- Annual volunteer days
- Huge range of discounts across high street stores, insurance services & more To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the ‘why work for us page on our website.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The recruitment process will be a competency-based interview as well as a practical pet handling exercise. At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch.
You can get in touch with us either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.