|Hiring Organization||Taylor Global|
|Post Title||Art Internships NYC|
|Post Name||Art Director Internship|
|Qualification||Recent graduate, a portfolio student, or a senior/master’s student who can accommodate a full-time schedule (40hrs a week).|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 45000 To USD 50000 Per Year|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
We are looking for a resourceful Graphic Designer/Art Director Intern for our Creative department, an agile thinker/doer who brings unconventional thinking and innovation to the work. In this dynamic role, you’ll have the opportunity to use your evolving craft to create contemporary, polished creative work that helps to drive earned conversations for our clients.
You are open-minded, ready to learn, and motivated to start your career in the PR, social, and digital marketing industry. For you, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword or challenge, but rather an opportunity and school of thought you use to embrace creativity and collaboration in all that you do.
Day-to-day responsibilities and learning opportunities will include:
- Uses a strong understanding of evolving design principles and a client’s business, brand, and industry, to offer and develop contemporary design ideas that meet client business needs
- Remains current on marketing, design, technology, user experience, and cultural trends, and infuses this knowledge into all design work
- Collaborates effectively with Strategy, Account, and Creative teams to provide ongoing counsel to mid-level clients, and to bring ideas to life through unconventional thinking and design innovation
- Actively participates in creative ideation and planning for digital & social content, motion graphics, event activations, brand identity systems, print materials, and other campaign elements
- Effectively refines ideas into integrated visual systems that deliver against defined objectives
- Execute thoughtful, polished designs across various mediums including digital/social content, motion graphics, print, photography, brand identity systems, presentations, infographics, etc.
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership for all design work on assigned projects, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams of account/PR, strategy, and production to execute that drives business impact
- Self-edit design work in progress, incorporating feedback and direction from senior team members, and collaborating with them to evolve and elevate your work
- Work on multiple workstreams/assignments simultaneously, ensuring that all work fits together as part of the broader strategy and/or brand identity system
Communication and Storytelling
- Partner with copywriting to design and create concept ideas.
- Design logos and sketch out ideas or layouts.
- Produce mood boards, mockups, and engaging, innovative, and effective design solutions
- Pitch creative ideas.
- Writes, presents, and communicates in a polished, articulate, and persuasive manner across all mediums, internally and externally.
- Communicates well with internal colleagues to explain creative ideas and respond to questions or concerns.
- Actively participates in creative ideation for digital & social content, event activations, brand identity systems, print materials, and other campaign elements.
- Ensures that ideas/concepts fit together as part of the broader strategy and brand identity.
- Assists in quick-turn ideas that tap into a culture or a specific moment in time.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Recent graduate, a portfolio student, or a senior/master’s student who can accommodate a full-time schedule (40hrs a week).
- Prior experience/internships in PR, Advertising, Digital/Social Marketing, Creative agencies, or relevant coursework.
- A conceptual visual thinker with a portfolio of work that is contemporary, on-trend, and reflects a wide range of design influences.
- Experience working across a wide range of media including digital/social, print, event/experiential, brand identity systems, etc.
- Strong skills in Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- Basic skills/knowledge of key principles of typography and fonts.
- Experience in UX design and/or front-end development is a plus.
- Basic understanding of advertising and marketing principles.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, multitasking, and time management.
- Team player who enjoys working with and helping others in a collaborative environment.
- Curious and open to others’ ideas and viewpoints with a willingness to learn and take constructive feedback.
- A good problem solver who seeks to make improvements and learns from mistakes.