|Hiring Organization||Phoenix Zoo|
|Post Name||Park Ranger Assistant|
|Qualification||A high school diploma or equivalent is required.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85008|
The Park Ranger Assistant provides support to Park Rangers by providing a security presence, patrolling event areas, monitoring guest security barriers, reuniting lost guests, assisting in parking lots, answering guest questions, and providing overall exceptional customer service to guests and staff.
- Provides quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive, and professional) working attitude and appearance.
- Patrol assigned areas in the Zoo and assist Park Rangers with security.
- Helps control access points to group events by watching barriers, as well as provides event information to guests.
- Responds to reports of missing guests and reunites guests with appropriate parties.
- Provides information to guests and answers guests’ questions.
- Monitors entry and exits points to ensure guests do not leave the Zoo with alcohol or enter the Zoo without paid admission.
- Assists Park Rangers in parking lot management by directing guests to parking spaces and patrolling lots as assigned.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Customer service experience and training preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with guests and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work days and/or evenings any day during the week as well as the evenings of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs., and stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Effective 6/29/22, the Arizona Center for Nature Conservation/Phoenix Zoo is no longer requiring Covid-19 vaccination for this position