|Hiring Organization||Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust|
|Post Name||Assistant Clinical Psychologist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 25655 To GBP 31534 Per Year|
|Location||Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom LE4 8BL|
Please see attached JD and PS for further information. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the clinical activity, audit, and research of the Clinical Psychology Team at the Burns Unit, Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
The post holder will be required to work at all times under the NHS policies and procedures laid down by the Centre.
Education, training, and qualifications
- An upper second class honors degree or higher in psychology, or equivalent qualification.
- Entitlement to graduate membership of the British Psychological Society
- Postgraduate training in relevant areas of professional psychology, mental health practice, and/or research design and analysis.
Knowledge and skills
- High-level communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to communicate and work in settings in which the atmosphere may be highly emotive.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information to patients, carers and colleagues in a way that addresses psychological resistance
- An understanding of the needs and difficulties of people with psychological and physical problems
- Understanding of psychology applied to healthcare and desire to explore a career in clinical psychology
- Knowledge of computer statistical packages and word processing including knowledge of SPSS
- Excel coding skills
- Capable of working productively as a team member and ability to interact effectively with staff from all disciplines.
- High standard of report writing or previous publications.
- Ability to work independently, reliably, and consistently and be able to accept and use supervision appropriately and effectively.
- Knowledge of computer statistical packages and data storage such as Excel, SPSS, R, and Bayesian statistics is a positive advantage.
- Knowledge of good clinical practice, and data storage.
- Excellent time management skills
- Technological knowledge about app development
- Knowledge of psychological assessment tools, psychometric reliability, and validation would be a positive advantage.
- An ability to apply existing psychological knowledge to a physical health rehabilitation context
- Relevant work experience with people with psychological and/or physical health problems e.g. Assistant Psychologist or other health, social care, or research jobs
- Experience in working to a demanding schedule and capable of completing and finishing tasks
- Experience working as an Assistant Psychologist would be desirable.
- Experience in working in acute or rehabilitation care settings
Post Views: 30