|Hiring Organization||Exelon Corporation Headquarters|
|Post Name||Assoc Communication Specialist|
|Qualification||4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 0 to 2 years relevant experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 64000 To USD 81000 Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603|
Be a part of something powerful at America’s premier energy provider! At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity and value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better.
We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities: Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable, and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future, and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities, or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking, and inspired.
We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The associate communications specialist supports ComEd as well as Exelon corporate and/or business units in executing communication programs and activities that build and protect the company’s brand and reputation.
The associate specialist works primarily within the ComEd Communications team to develop and ensure consistent messaging and effective communications to key audiences regarding business activities.
The specialist also supports the communications team in tactical execution and process improvements and performs duties as assigned under the supervision of senior staff. These include, but are not limited to, the development of electronic content, editorial calendars, media outreach, and management of relationships with other internal groups.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops and assists the team in creating communications materials – including stories for the brand journalism website, videos, infographics, news releases, talking points, briefing materials, bios, and other content – that deliver ComEd key messages to external stakeholders.
- Conducts writing, research, and planning in support of brand journalism website and other communications activities
- Develops and supports internal communication strategies that keep employees apprised of external activities and issues, including the development and distribution of internal stories and communications.
- Supports execution of external communication plans that promotes ComEd brand and reputation to media.
- Develops and maintains communications processes and procedures. Supports measurement of communications performance. Prepares and disseminates relevant reports.
- Position reports to ComEd’s communications manager.
- Position activities are focused on external communications to all corporate stakeholders while supporting internal communications initiatives and projects.
- Involves coordination with other communication functions within corporate and Exelon business units.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Some local travel is required.
- Works under the direct supervision
- 4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 0 to 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to coordinate several projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.6
- Must be literate in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet research.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate several projects, and meet deadlines.
- Energy business/industry knowledge