|Hiring Organization||Liberty Mutual Insurance|
|Qualification||Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 97700 To USD 105000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Represents Liberty Mutual and its policyholders in civil litigation and workers’ compensation matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage of a moderate to heavy value with increasingly complex legal issues. Provides guidance and direction to junior attorneys.
- Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling, and trial/hearing of cases or matters advises, communicates, and develops those strategies with Liberty Mutual’s Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
- Understands and creatively uses technology and applies technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost. Possesses the skills necessary to use technology to work remotely. Capable of working with office staff who are remotely located.
- Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations, and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters and drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs, and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
- Advises, communicates, and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remains current with developments in the law understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering, or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions for the Legal, Claims, or other departments as required.
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar
- A special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary
- A minimum of 5 successful years as an attorney
- The individual is required to have a general knowledge of insurance law and a specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers, and Liberty Mutual
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by printed or spoken word is critical
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust, and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s list.
For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity.