|Post Name||Business Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4500 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78212|
The Business Analyst supports the Commercial Supply & Trading operations by performing data mining, manipulation, and analysis to provide key reports and recommendations to various internal departments. Duties may be performed in one of the following areas:
Business Analyst—Products, Crude/Feedstocks, Wholesale:
- Supports the commercial floor operations by performing internal and external product-specific research and analysis to provide recommendations that include financial, operational, and/or forecasted data.
- Works closely with various departments/teams to assist with providing economic and pricing analysis and/or optimization tools.
Business Analyst—Transfer Pricing
- Provides analytical support to the activities and decision processes within various refining, marketing, and corporate functional areas by accurately reporting petroleum market pricing, maintaining refinery transfer pricing, facilitating price forecasts, and generating forecasted refinery gross margin analyses.
- Provides analysis of historical and forecasted refinery pricing data to various company departments, and provides input on industry spot market activity.
- Research, analyze, and communicate demurrage causes with traders, schedulers, charterers, and senior managers and generate recommendations/action plans to reduce costs and improve transportation processes
- Provides economic analysis, operations measurement, optimization modeling, and secondary cost assessments for the Transportation department across all aspects of the business, including marine operations, demurrage, chartering and vessel performance, barge fleet performance, utilization, etc.
Business Analyst—Wholesale Pricing
- Accurately and efficiently sets daily branded and unbranded wholesale rack prices in a timely manner to optimize profits within given strategies, guidelines, and policies.
- Develops demand forecasts and coordinate with the sales and supply teams to refine them based on various business needs. Adjusts projected prices as needed based on analysis of previous forecasts and actual prices.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas required: Logistics, Transportation (all means), Business/Financial Analysis, Marine Operations, Military, Oil & Gas/Refining/Petrochemical Industry.
- Prior experience in at least one of the following roles preferred: Scheduling (Crude, Products, Rail, Marine), Business Analysis (Crude, Products, Allocation, Wholesale Pricing, Trading Risk, Transportation, Transfer Pricing, Wholesale, Commercial Logistics Contract), Trading Analysis, or Commercial Analysis.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuel manufacturing and marketing industry.
It’s not just the excellent benefits package or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans.