|Hiring Organization||Phoenix Suns|
|Post Name||Business Intelligence Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4500 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85004|
The Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center are seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Business Intelligence Analyst. This role will support various departments through analytics and research initiatives to guide strategy.
Support new business and retention efforts, and present data to assist in day-to-day decision-making. The ideal candidate will leverage their expertise in preparing and presenting executive-level presentations and dashboards, along with the ability to perform rigorous data analysis in Excel or other analytics platforms.
What You Will Do:
- Create executive-level presentations and self-service dashboards for stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Collaborate with business area stakeholders to identify and track key business metrics in an array of areas including Ticket Sales, social and digital, and operations
- Work with other analysts to utilize and evaluate data sources for integration into a central data warehouse or analysis
- Serve as the subject matter expert on key performance metrics within the organization
- Identify areas for improvement, including automating reports or data processes to increase efficiency
- Other responsibilities or special projects as assigned
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Analyst:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills and particular expertise in designing effective charts, graphs, and tables (UX design)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues across multiple business areas
- Familiarity with digital and web analytics metrics and platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe, etc) is a plus
- Experience using an advanced visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, or Looker) a plus
- Knowledge of A/B testing an asset
- Technical expertise in SQL, R, or Python required
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- 1-2 years of experience in a consulting, business analyst, or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preference may be given to candidates with an MBA / advanced degree
- Experience with ticketing platforms highly preferred (Ticketmaster, Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc.)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
This position maintains regular/traditional business hours with some evenings, weekends, and holidays as business needs arise. The role will require an in-person presence and is not eligible for fully remote consideration.
- S-Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- This role is computer-based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
- Must be able to differentiate colors and symbols
- Must be able to hear and communicate with others
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.