|Hiring Organization||Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment (PACE)|
|Post Name||Call Center Representative|
|Qualification||High school diploma or GED required, AA degree a plus;|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2500 To USD 3500 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90017|
The PACE Energy Department provides Home Energy Assistance, Weatherization, and other services to low-income residents of the greater Los Angeles area. These programs provide utility bill assistance and install measures to help improve the energy efficiency, safety, and comfort of eligible homeowners or apartment renters.
The new employee will be hired under a contract between PACE and the State of California Department of Community Services and Development (CSD) to implement programs under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP), and the Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The point of initial contact with clients. This position will handle incoming calls from the public, schedule appointments, and makes follow-up calls to obtain information and documentation.
Exchanges pertinent and on-routine information, answers questions, and offers guidance, either face-to-face, through written correspondence, or via telephone with individuals on a continual basis.
Additionally, the Call Center Representative may schedule appointments, maintains documents and records, assist with processing applications, and enter data into the serving Iraq database
- Answer a high volume of phone calls from clients and the general public to provide detailed information regarding all programs and their requirements/criteria for eligibility within the Energy Department.
- Screen and answer calls thoroughly to ease call forwarding of calls to processing staff
- Provide applicants with application status updates as requested by reviewing relevant databases and spreadsheets
- Contact prospective applicants to provide program information and assist in the application process
- Enter data on the server database system and in-house spreadsheets
- Prepare letters about the application status of clients to be mailed on a daily and weekly basis
- Assist in the processing of applications received using program guidelines and evaluate the completeness of applications with regard to submission of all required documents to qualify for program assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data, applications, and documents of all clients
- Ensure program compliance when reviewing applications, providing information to clients, and assisting clients in completing their applications.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or GED required, AA degree a plus;
- Experience with handling a high volume of calls
- Work experience in an office setting for at least six months;
- Proven excellent customer service skills and experience;
- Proficient in an oral and written communication;
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and database programs and ability to apply these to draft and prepare letters/communications, use Excel to calculate and/or prepare program spreadsheets and prepare/update program database;
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls, multi-task, and organize work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as the willingness and ability to handle difficult clients.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team; able to work collaboratively and thrive in a flexible, evolving environment, adapt to situations and manage change effectively.
- Ability to learn and explain program services and requirements to prospective applicants;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Bilingual in Spanish, Russian, Korean or Armenian, preferred.
Must have the use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California driver’s license or has access to reliable transportation. The person selected for this position must pass a pre-employment physical/medical exam that includes drug and alcohol tests to be offered the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Depending on experience and educational background. Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage is provided. Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, as well as paid training.