|Hiring Organization||CHRISTUS VNA Community Care|
|Post Title||Caregiver Jobs San Antonio|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 10 To USD 12 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78240|
Christus VNA Community Care is hiring Caregivers who will provide support and assistance with personal care and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home.
Christus VNA Community Care is part of the LHC Group and is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians, and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It’s all about helping people.
- Reports observations of the client’s condition to the Agency Director or accounts manager. Notifies the Executive Director immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
- Drives safely comply with traffic regulations and wear a seat belt when business travel is required.
- May provide or assist clients with activities of daily living including bathing in bed, tub, or shower; care of hair including shampoo, combing, and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including price and applying lotion; transfer of the patient from bed to chair and to a wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode, and toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker, and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication reminder.
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client’s personal care.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping and performs other essential errands, if necessary.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations of the aide.
- Prepares meals as required based on the clientÂ’s preferred diet. May need to feed the client if required.
- Provides a clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests
- Documents all client-related activities in a timely manner.
- Participates in performance improvement in-services.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Six months of experience in home care is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patients’ needs.
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, self-directed, good time management skills, courteous, and common sense.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and their families keeping personal matters confidential.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.