Entry Level Driver
|Post Name||Entry Level Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78218|
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.
Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service, and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace, and marketplace.
H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program, and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
These positions are located in the Distribution Center Services (DCS) Department and are responsible for operating yard mules and tractors to move trailers within the HRSC. These are training positions (taking between 1-3 years to complete) for becoming a full-time H-E-B Driver in Delivery Operations.
As a trainee, the Partner must earn a Class A Commercial Drivers License and will receive mule and tractor training. When the Driver Training Program and Driver Orientation are successfully completed, the Partners is eligible for a Driver position.
During the Delivery Driver Trainee program, Partners are paid hourly. These full-time driver positions are paid activity-based pay.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Transporting merchandise from the Support Center to various store locations and terminals as well as transporting goods back to the Support Center.
- Ensuring the integrity of the load along with the accuracy of the product delivered to each store.
- Loading and unloading merchandise from the truck.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
All candidates chosen to be interviewed MUST obtain a Life History MVR from the Texas Department of Public Safety in Austin, Texas. Select Drivers License and Online Services;
Select Driver Record Request; Enter requested information found on Driver License; click on Certified List of All Accidents and Violations in Record (Type 3A).
No moving violations, tickets, or (chargeable) accidents on MVR in the last 3 years, including personal vehicle
- Police reports will be requested on those applicants that show to have an accident on their MVR record
- No DWI/DUI or felony convictions ever in a lifetime. Must consent to a criminal background check
- Must be at least 21 years old with the ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug screen and meet all driver qualifications as outlined by DOT
- Must not ever have driver’s licenses, permits, or privileges suspended or revoked in any state or county
- Must have at least three years of experience driving (with a valid driver’s license)
- Show a proven history of a good driving record
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Must be able to work primarily weekends including nights and holidays
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and safety record
- Possess a Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License (preferred)
- Must successfully complete all phases of the Delivery Driver Trainee Program
- Job offers will be contingent upon passing the DOT Physical, DOT Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and verification of work history
- 398.3 (c)(4) Knowledge of English. Every driver shall be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals and directions given in English and to respond to official inquiries.
- Must be familiar with Section 2 of the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook (You may obtain a handbook from the Texas Department of Public Safety) or click on the hyperlink