|Hiring Organization||Spurs Sports & Entertainment|
|Post Name||Communications Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 12 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78219|
The San Antonio Spurs are looking for several game-night communication assistants to join our family! In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the game night Public Relations (PR) efforts for the San Antonio Spurs during the NBA season. You will be provided with hands-on experience within a professional sports media relations environment.
The position will provide an individual who desires a career in sports information or media relations with an opportunity to learn the business side of sports and media while gaining valuable career experience, building a portfolio, and enjoying networking opportunities in the process.
This position is located in San Antonio, TX, part-time (under 29 hours/week) and seasonal with an hourly rate of $12.00/hour. In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Attend select Spurs home games (Approximately 5:00 p.m. to 11 p.m. for a 7 p.m. game)
- Handle and distribute media credentials and passes
- Manage media dining check-in
- Monitor all media materials
- Distribute in-game and post-game statistics to all media members
- Record and transcribe player and coach interviews
- Help all local and national Spurs media as needed
- Assist Spurs PR staff as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Currently enrolled in college with an interest in public relations/communications preferred
- Strong quote-taking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, in short, high-pressure situations
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills, including but not limited to, MS Word
- Ability to work at least 15-20 hours per week during the NBA Season and non-traditional hours (including nights and weekends)
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.