|Post Name||Assistant Controller|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 4C5|
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights, and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Assistant Controller is responsible for executing commodity P&L reconciliations and financial analysis to explain business performance to multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization. You will prepare financial and risk reports and take appropriate actions to safeguard our organization’s assets. In this role, you will be conducting complex accounting activities across the Canadian region, business, or multi-site group, building accurate financial documents, conducting analysis, and managing and maintaining risk following established compliance requirements and policies.
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to classify and record financial transactions and prepare financial reports.
- Responsible for delivery of timely, accurate, and consistent financial and management reporting, identifying business insights to enhance decision making.
- Partner with other finance teams to reconcile P&L estimates to ensure financial reporting accuracy, specifically with regard to grain/product margin accounting.
- Work with commercial teams to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and implement initiatives that bring value through increased revenue and reduced costs.
- Partner with the Controls and Process Improvement Accounting and Finance domains to craft and implement controlled processes.
- Assess and communicate information regarding business risks with functions across the organization.
- Contribute and implement continuous process improvement, including simplifying and optimizing processes, improving data integrity, and leveraging current technology.
- Identify and implement process simplification, standardization, and automatization of financial and risk reporting to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Confirmed ability to identify and assess risk.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and build trust with partners at multiple levels in the organization.
- Sophisticated financial analysis skills.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply.
- Experience with ERP systems SAP, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Trading business and risk management experience.
- Experience leading and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in business partnering initiatives.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.