|Hiring Organization||Amey plc|
|Post Name||Customer Service Agent|
|Qualification||12th Pass, Any Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 1200 To GBP 1400 Per Month|
|Location||Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom PH1 1BD|
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Customer Service Agent is to direct and record incident response and winter service activities from within the Network Control Room and assist the Network Management Team in the execution of their duties.
This role will be based in Perth and will be a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off Days/Nights rotating.
About the role
- Deployment of TRISS crews
- Deployment of Incident response team resources
- Raising and closing Operations Instructions
- Mart liaison/Attendance
- Effective liaison with third parties
- Dealing with customer complaints and enquiries.
- Social media
- TRISS responses within the timescale
- ISU resources were mobilised to attend within the timescale
- Accurate records maintained
- Network disruption minimised
- Timely and accurate input into AMPS
- Provide Journey Time for Road Works to our client
- Winter service duty officer
What are we looking for?
- Some experience of working in a Control Centre environment
- Ability to work under pressure, think clearly and act decisively
- Knowledge of the Trunk Road network
- Excellent personal organisation skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with objective analysis driven by customer need
- Flexible approach to work
- Computer literate for the use of a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work with others to achieve a common goal effectively
- Previous experience in a customer service/administration role
- Be flexible concerning working patterns to meet the business needs
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Use of Airwave would be ideal
- Knowledge of the Trunk Road network would be desirable
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service.
With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do.
We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure.
We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utility services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which use engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well-being.
There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported.
Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at Elizabeth.Maher@amey.co.uk to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
About the Account
Do you want to work on managing and maintaining the essential trunk roads in the North East of Scotland, providing safe and reliable passage for all road users?
Here at Amey, we have been awarded the contract to manage and maintain the Trunk Road Network in the North East of Scotland on behalf of Transport Scotland.
We will work closely with Transport Scotland to deliver improved levels of service to the trunk road network, aiming to ensure consistent, predictable and reliable journeys for road users.
The contract will deliver maintenance, road safety, bridges and structures and discrete improvement schemes whilst taking into account the Scottish Government’s climate change and sustainability targets.