|Hiring Organization||Amazon Hub Locker – Hat|
|Post Name||Customer Service Associate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 16 Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60654|
You’re on your way to joining the dedicated team at Amazon that makes the return and pickup of packages convenient for our customers at our Locker+ retail locations. We are looking for associates who are ready to delight our customers with quality service, have an up-for-anything attitude, and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Our associates go beyond assisting with customer orders, they connect personally with our customers and uplift their lives – even if for just a few moments. Associates work in designated retail locations – where it’s convenient for our customers – helping facilitate the delivery and return of customer orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
- Receive, pick, and stow customer orders, process returns, and prepare for delivery.
- Assist customers with questions they may have.
- Work through problem-solving scenarios for customers.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized workspace.
- Manage responsibilities for a Locker+ location, including opening and closing site.
- Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to sort, scan, and prepare orders.
- Receive truck deliveries.
You’ll also need to be able to:
- Perform physical labor including lifting up to 49 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Stand and walk during shifts lasting up to five hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Be available to work part-time between the hours of 6:30 AM and 10:30 PM with schedules varying week to week.
What it’s like at Amazon Locker+ locations
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide safe working conditions.
- Surroundings. You’ll be behind a counter, working with customers. Depending on the Locker+ site, you may be working in a Whole Foods Market, a freestanding location, a partner retailer, or even in the lobby of a warehouse.
- Activity. You’ll be on your feet for the majority of your shift, helping customers and sorting packages.
- Temperature. Our Locker+ locations are in comfortable, climate-controlled environments.
- Noise level. Sound levels are minimal, what one would expect in a grocery store.
- Dress code. Casual with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
Why You’ll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You‘ll be engaged your entire shift, from organizing packages to chatting with customers.
- Unique Workplace. Locations can vary, so you may be at a grocery or other retailer.
- Schedule options. Ideal for someone looking for a part-time role. Work up to 20 hours per week and be able to work differing schedules: Tuesday and Thursday one week, Wednesday and Saturday another, for example.
- Shift flexibility. Shifts follow various operating business hours (example: 6:30 AM – 10:30 PM). Shift times average 4-5 hours and are assigned per business need. Choose shifts right from your own mobile device.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Training. You’ll start with a set schedule for some training to get you up to speed, then you can start choosing the shifts you’d like to work.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition reimbursement options. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology.
- Customer Obsession. Making someone else happy actually makes your day.
- Quality is key. You have high standards and it shows in your work.
Why You’ll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world.
Offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location; specific to a Locker+ Associate, the following benefits are included:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- 401(k) savings plan
- Holiday pay opportunities
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.