|Post Name||Customer Services Apprenticeship|
|Qualification||5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 20020 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package.
This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets.
Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals.
We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
This is an exciting new permanent, entry-level opportunity within Wealth and Personal Banking, which will see successful applicants join as Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser.
This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme, with an opportunity for a progression to a more complex role. Throughout the programme, you will get to know our product and services and be part of a team to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience, who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Customer service experience is helpful, but not essential, what we are really interested in is a genuine passion for going above and beyond for our customers.
At the start of your journey in your new role we will support you through a blended learning experience this is where you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of virtual classroom & practical training, as well as having the opportunity to develop these new skills fully supported within your team.
This will provide you with the opportunity to get hands-on experience and apply it to learn into practice.
Within this role you will;
You will be the first point of contact for the vast majority of our customers, and it will be your role to help provide exceptional service in each interaction. Be engaging with our customers on the everyday banking queries or dealing with any complaints.
Our customers call us for all sorts of reasons and tell us they want their requests dealt with at speed, with certainty and empathy. Taking a genuine interest by building rapport and asking open questions to identify how you can fully support the customer will help you provide the service expected of you by us and the customer.
- Embedding HSBC’s values and good conduct in everyday actions and behaviours to do the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
- Focusing on our customer’s current requirements, while anticipating their changing future needs and priorities. Working hard to meet these needs, which could include supporting them with access to online facilities and services to help them manage their accounts.
- Always delivering open and honest communication through the conveying of information in a simple and understandable way to build customer relations.
- Taking personal responsibility for driving the right customer outcomes in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Adhering to legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements in all aspects of work including following detailed procedures.
- To investigate and respond to customer complaints and provide suitable resolutions
- Seek ways to improve the effectiveness of customer’s interactions with HSBC; thereby reducing the volume and severity of complaints
This hybrid working, full-time role is based at various locations across the UK (Leeds, Sheffield, Swansea, Birmingham & Hamilton), with an expectation for the successful candidate to be in their nearest office 2-3 days a week.
We work flexibly within the core hours of 8 am to 8 pm across Monday to Sunday. The successful applicant will be expected to work with the flexibility of various shift patterns across four days per week including the weekend.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work/life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages.
Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours.
If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits to our customers, our business and our people.
This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
As this is an entry-level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- A genuine interest in customers and a passion for the service you provide.
- Able to adapt to innovation and technological change to work smarter, improve service and connect with our customers more sustainably.
- Embraces and implements change that will improve our business performance
- Ability to apply relevant rules, guidelines and judgement to understand principle-based opportunities and direction.
- Demonstrates resilience to pressure and the challenge this brings while adapting to critical work demands with flexibility.
- Able to demonstrate an understating of the risks associated with roles and responsibilities and the impact these have.
- Proactive desire to self-development in skills required to further support our customers and better their banking experience.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English.
- As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme.