|Post Name||Data Research Analyst|
|Qualification||Final year Graduation or Post Graduation Only Finance Graduates or Postgraduates can apply to this role.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||399000/- To 510000/- Per Year|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400059|
Candidates who have attempted the online test for the Equity role in the past 6 months, will not be eligible.
60% and above in Final year Graduation or Post Graduation Only Finance Graduates or Postgraduates can apply to this role.
MBA/MMS/PGDM/MCOM/BMS/BBA/B&I/BCOM/A&F can apply.
Aadhar Card is mandatory for candidate registration at the time of attempting online test.
Immediate Joiners are preferred.
Eligible candidates will receive an email with the online test link and instructions. The candidate would be required to attempt the test as per the date and time mentioned in the email. The candidates selected for the test will undergo 3 virtual interview rounds. The online test and the interviews will happen in the same month.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the recruitment team.
At Morningstar, we want people who are smart, creative, hard-working, curious, and passionate about their work. We built the Morningstar Development Program (MDP) to prepare recent graduates for successful, long-term careers here at Morningstar.
Throughout this two-year program, you will be placed in a cohort where you will receive ongoing career development, mentoring, training opportunities, and exposure to different areas of the business to help you succeed at Morningstar.
Morningstar Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investments offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
In this role, you will work on collecting fundamental data from the balance sheets, cash flow statements, income statements,s, and footnotes for Global market companies as per the predefined collection policies.
You will adhere to the local team’s goals, policies, and procedures and work in a focused manner to achieve the overall organization’s goals and objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, and efficiency and the delivery of the operational performance KPIs. You will effectively manage your performance and development in order to support our continuous operational success.
- Establishing and achieving the set SMART goals with the direction of the team lead.
- Have a very good understanding of the fundamental data for the company’s income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet, and other fundamental data sets.
- Participate in the Centre of Excellence initiative focused on reducing resource costs, consolidating global data collection platforms, and supporting database integration projects.
- Own and drive continuous improvement within the process through Quality initiatives.
- Collecting and analyzing equity fundamentals data for the Global market and taking ownership in data quality controls to ensure consistent and high-quality data are manufactured in order to meet product requirements.
- Manage data as per client-specific requirements, while at the same time adhering to Morningstar’s set KPIs and KRAs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various filing nomenclature of countries under coverage.
- Passion for data and its impact on decision-making.
- Closely work with quality assurance and technical departments to resolve clients’ data issues timely and effective.
- Actively discover and raise issues in work (including system, process, and collection methodology) and propose enhancement suggestion to further improve system functionality, process efficiency, and data quality.
- Participate in other data and process-related projects, like industry/market data collection methodology research, market expansion, process certification, new product development support, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce/ finance/ business with a minimum of 60% in the final year, and a Master’s degree would be an added advantage. CA Inter/CFA level 1 candidates are also preferred.
- 0-3 years experience in the financial domain related to equity data.
- Strong commerce/finance/accounting fundamentals.
- Proficient with data management policies, procedures, and common technical tools.
- Ability to exercise control over the executed tasks with the planned activities.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good command of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent communication is written as well as verbal & reporting skills
- Prior Knowledge of IFRS GAAP would be an added advantage.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure during peak seasons.
Morningstar is an equal-opportunity employer.