|Post Name||Data Analyst, Operational planning, IMDb Content Business Intelligence|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related discipline.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 20 To GBP 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Bristol, England, United Kingdom BS11 0YH|
With more than 400 million searchable data items — including 7.5 million movies, TV, and entertainment titles, 11 million cast and crew members, and 11 million images — IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows, and celebrities, and has a combined web and mobile audience of more than 200 million monthly visitors.
The IMDb database is continually growing, thanks to a vast contributor community of entertainment professionals and companies, IMDb staff, individual contributors, and other trusted sources.
IMDb content is integrated into strategically important parts of Amazon and AWS businesses, including Amazon Fire TV, Alexa, and X-Ray on Prime Video. IMDb licenses information from its vast and authoritative database to third-party businesses.
Including film studios, television networks, streaming services, and cable companies, as well as airlines, electronics manufacturers, non-profit organizations, and software developers. Learn more at developer.imdb.com.
Other IMDb products and services include the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; a free streaming channel, IMDb TV; and IMDb original video series and podcasts.
For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDbPro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to work closely with our operational teams to support workflow and forecasting development, and to unlock key insights and trends from our data. As a member of the team, you will:
- Own operational workload and capacity forecasting models, working with stakeholders across the business to measure impact and make continuous improvements.
- Own operational reporting for new and existing workflows, identifying and implementing improvements.
- Work with business intelligence tools, model multidimensional datasets, and partner with internal customers to answer key business questions.
- Complete deep, exploratory analysis of IMDb’s Content Catalogue to unlock new insights.
- Improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support.
A day in the life
You will work closely with IMDb leads in Bristol, Chennai, and San Jose to understand our operational workload and capacity. You’ll use SQL to dive into workflow data, looking at underlying data items and processing trends to identify pain points for internal teams.
Any insights you find you’ll be able to take direct action from. This could be improving forecasting models to help us plan better, working directly with Ops teams to make sure they have the data they need when they need it from BI, or working with Product and Tech teams to scope changes to internal processes.
About the team
IMDb Content BI supports the “Db” in IMDb – we own, update, and manage metadata across millions of movies, TV series, and celebrities.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience in the data/BI space
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring the application of analytical skills.
- 2+ years of experience working with large-scale, complex datasets.
- 2+ years of SQL, ETL, and data mining experience.
- 2+ years of proven experience leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau or QuickSight
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing forecasting models.
- Proficiency with statistical modeling.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience leveraging Python, R, or equivalent, to perform in-depth data analysis.
- Experience drawing insights from data and clearly communicating them to the stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven ability to look at solutions in unconventional ways. Sees opportunities to innovate and can lead the way.
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related discipline.
- Interest in working in the Entertainment space, with a passion for movies and TV.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and building.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process,
Please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).