Data Entry Operator
|Hiring Organization||Edgewood Independent School District|
|Post Name||Data Entry Operator|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or regional accrediting agency)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 17 To USD 21 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78237|
Terms of Employment:
11 months/ 211 days per year. Compensation is Administrative Support Pay Plan PG4 on the EISD Compensation Plan. Entry level rate of pay is $17.36/hour with additional consideration based upon directly related experience.
Facilitate the efficient operation of the administrative office and provide clerical services to the school principal and other staff members.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or regional accrediting agency)
- Fifteen (15) semester hours of college credit from an accredited college or university; Or
- Two (2) years of experience in a public school system with clerical/computer experience; Or
- Three (3) years of general clerical data entry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be self-motivated, possess the ability to work with frequent interruptions, able to handle multiple tasks, and work collaboratively to meet TEA and district deadlines.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity regarding the data entry process, student records, and campus issues.
- Proficiency in general office management, organization, and procedures.
- Ability to implement oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with administrators, teachers, other auxiliary personnel, students, and the general public.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete student registration activities including data entry, course enrollments, and student program codes.
- Process cyclical student data reports using student information systems and related computer applications.
- Update and maintain student online files.
- Update and maintain the school’s master schedule as directed by the principal.
- Print and process progress reports and report cards.
- Perform daily attendance updating and balancing tasks and attendance clerk functions as assigned by the principal.
- Maintained student record logs and files including permanent cumulative records, TEA, and district reports.
- Provide assistance to teachers and staff in using district administrative applications.
- Attendance at work is an essential job function.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Office equipment and tools: calculator, computer, printer, copier, fax, multiline telephone, and other equipment applicable to the position.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions/deadlines; frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, pulling, and pushing; reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity, and prolonged data input; occasional lift/carry light, moderate 15-44 pounds.
Frequent exposure to Temperature extremes, humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination, vibration, biological hazards, working on uneven surfaces, working alone, and working prolonged or irregular hours.