|Hiring Organization||BlackRock – London|
|Post Name||Data Scientist, Associate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 3000 To GBP 3500 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC2N 2DL|
About this role
Business Unit Overview:
Our Aladdin Sustainability Lab (ASL) is responsible for building products and capabilities that are needed to quantify the impact of climate risk and other sustainability factors on financial assets.
We also develop the infrastructure and software used for the production of analytics as well as delivery of analytics content to portfolio and risk management professionals both within and outside BlackRock.
Given the diversity of skills required to develop these products, the Lab brings together professionals from research and modelling, analytics, product management, design, and data engineering teams.
As a member of the ASL, you will be working with clients and partners to develop state-of-the-art financial and economic models and analytics to assess the financial impacts of climate change,
Climate policy and energy policy on a large number of asset classes – from corporate equity and fixed income to mortgages, municipal bonds, sovereign debt and alternative investments.
As climate risk and sustainable investing become an ever-increasing focus for investors, you will be developing the models and analytics to help drive a deeper understanding of risks and opportunities in this space.
Aladdin Sustainability Lab (ASL) is looking for Analytics Content Managers to join their sustainability, climate risk and financial modelling team.
The primary job responsibilities are to work with the core modelling, product and engineering teams to design, develop and deploy both:
- financial models quantifying transition and physical climate risk to assets
- a broader ESG and sustainability analytics
In addition, successful applicants will play a key role in engaging with internal and external stakeholders to help them build understanding and awareness of our climate and sustainability metrics in support of user adoption.
- Work with modelling teams and engineering teams across ASL to support the product ionisation of financial models, including the development and deployment of production pipelines
- Define processes for quality control and maintenance of analytics models to ensure best-in-class robustness and reliability of Aladdin’s analytics output
- Participate in model design and peer review activities, providing robust feedback and challenge on design decisions, assumptions and challenges to facilitate the development of best-in-class models
- Engage with investment and risk teams across BlackRock Solutions clients to deploy climate risk models.
- Communicate key assumptions, challenges, and limitations of climate risk analytics. Utilize client feedback to improve financial models and Aladdin product offerings.
- Design, develop and deploy analytical tools and approaches to help translate asset-level modelling outputs into robust and decision-useful insight to support our clients in embedding climate and sustainability in investment processes
- Utilize market knowledge in conjunction with fluency in risk analytics, technology, and the Aladdin platform across asset classes to provide solutions for immediate client needs.
- Create and improve documentation for analytical models and processes for internal and external consumption.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role developing, deploying, or using financial models.
- Experience with advanced analytics, including fixed income valuation techniques, monte Carlo modelling, structured products or advanced credit analysis.
- Understanding and experience in portfolio management, portfolio risk factor modelling concepts and private markets would be a plus along with familiarity with ESG and climate risk
- Demonstrated success in project management with a diverse and demanding client base.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Detail-oriented, organized and committed while leading multiple projects.
- Acquired technical aptitude includes experience in Python, SQL, Linux or other scripting languages.
- Adaptability and resiliency when overcoming challenges.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock’s current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what’s important to you.
In line with local health guidelines and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others.
Our “One BlackRock” culture means you’ll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work – wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses.
Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities, and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees.
It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.