|Post Name||Data Scientist, Growth|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 3200 To GBP 3500 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A|
The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time.
With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Product Insights team to support strategic decision-making for user growth in all emerging markets around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers
- Establish learning agendas, measurement plans, and success metrics in close coordination with contributing teams and partners
- Analyze large quantities of data to extract impactful insights to help inform senior leadership and drive strategic, product, and business decisions
- Design and facilitate experimentation both on and off-platform
- Communicate insights and recommendations through clear visualizations and presentations
Who You Are
- Have at least 3+ years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative field
- Possess the technical competence to perform analytics on very large datasets, including coding skills (such as Python or R) and databases (such as SQL).
- Statistical competence such as regression modeling, A/B testing, significance testing, etc.
- Familiar with qualitative research methods, utilizing data from interviews, surveys, and co-creation activities to synthesize with quantitative data
- Able to deliver on loosely defined problems to assess research questions and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide decisions
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within the Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Spotify is an equal-opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace.
The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators.
Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.