|Hiring Organization||California Department of Transportation|
|Post Name||Deputy District Director|
|Qualification||Academic coursework at the university level. Training and experience in the area of supervision and management principles.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 11102 To USD 16573 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90012|
Job Description and Duties
In accordance with Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20 and, as a result of the COVID-19 rapid out-break, Caltrans will continue its hiring practices as they are deemed necessary to “maintain continuity of operations of the federal critical infrastructure…,”
Candidates who participate in the interview process will be considered essential in promoting this effort and are not in violation of Executive Order N-33-20.
Virtual interviews via web portals or phone will be offered as deemed appropriate and feasible by the hiring manager – standard in-person interviews will still be offered if conditions permit. Please speak with the Hiring Unit contact for more information.
Under the general direction of the District 7 Director and Chief Deputy District Director, the incumbent is responsible for policy development and implementation as well as the planning and management of the Department’s highway design program within the boundaries of Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
This position does not have a Classification Specification. Requirements and qualifications for this position can be found in this announcement. For additional questions, please contact the hiring department listed below.
Caltrans Mission: Provide a safe, sustainable, integrated, and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability.
Caltrans Vision: A performance-driven, transparent, and accountable organization that values its people, resources, and partners, and meets new challenges through leadership, innovation, and teamwork.
Statement of Qualifications
A Statement of Qualifications is required to participate in the examination. Candidates must provide detailed and specific examples from their professional education, experience, and training that directly answer each of the Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) questions outlined below.
In addition to the examples, candidates must also include the overall length of time of their experience as it relates to each SOQ question in the space provided. Each question will be scored individually, therefore, candidates must provide the length of time and specific examples for each question.
Responses to the SOQ must be submitted on the Department of Transportation’s CEA Statement of Qualifications Form (PM-0503). Any SOQ responses that are not submitted on the PM-0503 will not be scored.
Each box provided on the form for your response has been limited to 2000 characters. Additional documents to supplement the PM-0503 will not be reviewed during the examination scoring.
The Statement of Qualifications must address the applicant’s qualifications relative to the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing the Design program and the alignment/application of the program’s work in support of the Department’s strategic goals are essential to successful performance in this position.
- Provide examples from your previous work experience that demonstrate your ability to manage program performance, analyze data and situations accurately, and adopt an effective course of action in the resolution of complex and sensitive issues in this program.
- Provide examples of your previous work experience in projects or programs that demonstrate your ability to create alignment and implement Caltrans’ foundational principles of safety, equity, climate action, and economic prosperity in our communities.
- Provide examples of your previous work experience that demonstrate your ability to work cooperatively and build partnerships with internal and external partners to successfully achieve positive outcomes.
- Provide examples of your previous work experience that demonstrate your ability to prioritize project delivery workload, while also effectively and efficiently managing resources, schedules, and deadlines.
- Academic coursework at the university level. Training and experience in the area of supervision and management principles.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively.
- Ability to develop and maintain a level of professional integrity to ensure that the best interests of Caltrans and the program are served.
- Ability to work well with partners and clients.