|Hiring Organization||CDC Group|
|Post Name||Digital Marketing Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 27 To GBP 30 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom SW1E 6DE|
Our mission and objectives
- British International Investment is the UK’s development finance institution, owned by the UK Government. We invest with the aim of solving the biggest global development challenges by investing patient, flexible capital to support private sector growth and innovation.
- We have over 70 years of experience successfully supporting the sustainable, long-term growth of businesses in Africa and Asia, and have recently expanded to invest in the Indo-Pacific and Caribbean.
- We invest to achieve impact and a financial return which is then reinvested for more impact. Over the past five years, we have committed almost £7 billion of new investments, with our net assets growing in value to approximately £7.5 billion.
- We are now invested in 1,200 businesses that directly employ over 900,000 workers and support many more. Over the next five years, we plan to grow further and aim to commit around £9 billion of new investments over the period.
- Our new five-year strategy responds to the opportunities and challenges facing developing and emerging economies.
- To ensure our capital is used in the best way possible to meet these opportunities and challenges, it sets out three clear strategic objectives – to invest in productive, sustainable, and inclusive development.
- These objectives mean an increased focus on climate finance, including investing in green infrastructure; financing digital transformation; and driving inclusive outcomes, including through gender and diversity finance.
- As part of our new strategy, we have changed our name to British International Investment, to more accurately reflect our central role in the UK Government’s international financing offer.
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Ghana; with additional locations opening soon.
- We take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract, and mobilize other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 500 and place immense value on diversity within our organization.
- Read more about us and the new strategy at bii.co.uk
Team and role overview
- The Communications team’s role is to enhance the reputation of British International Investment and to support its work across Africa, Asia, and the UK.
- The External Communications team sits within the broader Communications team and undertakes proactive communications with two broad objectives.
- First, to demonstrate our progress and impact against our strategy, to help protect our license to operate. Second, to engage external audiences (including investors, businesses, and other peer organizations) by sharing our knowledge, expertise, and learning, and supporting the company’s efforts to engage around key themes and issues.
- We do this through various communications channels – including digital (including through our website and social media channels), events, reports and publications, and email marketing.
- Our role and significance as a development finance institution have grown significantly in the last few years. This is reflected in our growing employee base and our growing balance sheet, as well as in our new five-year strategy.
- To maintain confidence in, and enhance our reputation, it’s crucial that we find creative ways to both demonstrate our impact, and build our profile and voice by sharing our expertise, and leading conversations around our priority themes.
- When the COVID pandemic limited our in-person engagement, our digital communications became an increasing way of communicating with our stakeholders and partners. It has enabled us to reach a growing network, and we want to build on this work to further enhance our approach to digital content and communications.
- This role will help us to achieve that. The candidate will be able to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital communications across all digital channels, to engage our external audiences and convey a powerful message about the difference British International Investment makes and the themes that are relevant to us.
- Support the Digital Strategy and Engagement Associate (a colleague within the External Communications team) to plan and execute digital marketing and communication campaigns that maximize engagement. This includes using our existing digital channels and tools, including website, social media, and email marketing, as well as exploring new channels and tools.
- Create, edit and manage creative and engaging content for digital channels. This includes producing visual materials, video content, audio content, and written materials.
- Contribute to the development of our website and develop strategies and tactics to maximize engagement.
- Contribute to our overall editorial schedule, including ideas on content development and timing and frequency of digital marketing and communication campaigns.
- Monitor social media to spot opportunities for further engagement and potential reputational issues.
- Develop regular content for the CEO’s social media channels and implement strategies to maximize engagement with these channels.
- Work with colleagues across the Communications team to use digital marketing strategies and tactics to promote content.
- Support the wider organization to advise on the use of social media.
- Stay up to date with the latest best practices, trends, and new products in digital marketing and communications, to determine the most effective ways to engage our audiences and make recommendations of where we could improve.
- Support and enable the business to build digital communities around key themes and issues of interest.
- Support the Digital Strategy and Engagement Associate to measure the impact of our digital communications, assess against goals, and develop plans based on these results.
- Ensure all produced content is on-brand.
- Undertake any other projects as required by the Head of External Communications.
Background, skills, aptitude
We are looking for a candidate with fresh ideas for how we can communicate better and increase our digital engagement. They must be an ambitious and collaborative individual who can contribute to our high-performing team.
The successful candidate will be an expert in digital marketing and communications. They should also be confident in dealing with colleagues, including senior professionals across the organization.
Experience in the financial sector, international development, or investing for impact is desirable. An ability to spot political and/or controversial issues is a must. Alongside all of this, we are looking for someone who cares about our mission and will be able to relay the passion that we all feel for what we do to internal and external audiences.
- Proven experience working in digital marketing and communications.
- Experience in implementing digital campaigns, using a variety of digital channels and tools.
- Experience in creating high-quality digital communication content.
- Experience in using different communications techniques and channels to deliver a message.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to avoid jargon and write concisely and with clarity.
- Knowledge of website CMS, preferably knowledge of WordPress.
- CRM system literate, preferably with knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools, e.g. Google Analytics.
- Experience in video editing, including knowledge of Adobe PremierPro, or similar.
- Experience in creating designed content for digital use, including knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar.
- Experience in audio editing, including knowledge of Adobe Audition, or similar.
- Experience in digital community management and engagement.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools such as Google Adwords is desirable.
- Degree-level education or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by British International Investment’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
British International Investment is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or educational background.