Jobs With Chicago Cubs
|Hiring Organization||Chicago Cubs|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60613|
Each brand stands as unique as the teams that drive them. We welcome you to learn more about us. Our business is a team sport built on creating and delivering memorable experiences around Cubs baseball and other live events.
We remain committed to the health and safety of our associates, their families, our fans, and community members. Consistent with that commitment and based on the evidence that vaccinations are the most effective way to prevent infection.
With a serious illness and the spread of COVID-19, we require that all Cubs associates be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be allowed only for those who need a reasonable accommodation for a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
The dispatcher plays a vital role in daily operations and delivering best-in-class service to associates, tenants, contractors, vendors, and guests of the Wrigley Field Campus. This role will serve as the internal contact to report any issues or needs for both the event and non-event days.
Primary Responsibilities (Event Days and Non-Event Days):
- Act as the first point of contact for Cubs associates, tenants, contractors, vendors, and guests to report issues or needs and route information to appropriate functions for response execution
- Intake all emergency and non-emergency reports via phone, radio, email, and other software platforms and certify intake includes all relevant information to ensure response and resources deployed are accurate and exhaustive
- Certify intake includes all relevant information to ensure response and resources deployed are accurate and exhaustive
- Monitor inbound information platforms and scan external resources for information pertinent to event activity
- Route information to appropriate function for response execution
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities and recommend improvements to relevant systems, process flows, and communication channels
Large-scale Event Day Responsibilities
- Coordinate frontline, supervisory, management, and third-party resource response to campus activity by processing, prioritizing, and communicating relevant needs and information through both adhering to defined protocols and using discretionary judgment
- Discern incoming information and be able to correctly follow protocols, handle issues, assign to appropriate functions as necessary, and escalate as needed
- Independently and reliably operate the weather and incident management systems to ensure task lists, maintenance requests, and incidents are recorded, assigned to proper function, completed, followed up on, escalated, and properly documented
- Understand all policies, procedures, mitigation tactics, and systems to facilitate response efforts
- Understand the ballpark layout and staff posts to effectively communicate and deploy in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure detailed reporting by emphasizing accurate, consistent, and complete information
- Read, interpret and respond to all messages from the inbound guest text messaging platform promptly and professionally
- Build and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, employees, vendors, and guests using principles of exceptional customer service
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a Dispatch center within the last ten years or three years experience working within Chicago Cubs Operations
- Working knowledge of radio systems, incident management software, and video systems
- Demonstrated ability to proactively problem solve and be solutions-based
- Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed around events
- Active listener with professional communication skills
- Act independently and proactively without direct supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to thrive in a team setting
- Experience with facility management software platforms
- Previous experience with 24/7 incident management software
- Experience with large-scale camera systems
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we, unfortunately, may not be able to respond in person to each applicant. However, we can assure you that you will receive an email confirmation when you apply as well as additional email notifications on whether you are selected to move forward for the position or not. Please note, that we keep all resumes on file and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you.
The Chicago Cubs and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.