|Hiring Organization||Restore Education|
|Post Title||Education Jobs San Antonio|
|Post Name||ESL Instructor|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 17 To USD 21 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78212|
Reporting to the ESL Coordinator and Director of Instruction, the PT ESL Instructor functions as a combined online/site teacher for adult learners. Develops and delivers personalized and data-driven instruction in the blended learning environment through creating and leading meaningful classroom activities and integrating valuable experience to facilitate students’ learning goals.
This position is part-time and non-exempt.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Experience teaching in class and online.
- Experience in creating and delivering effective ESL instruction at the adult level
- Prior experience working with adult learners
- Knowledge of adult learner characteristics
- Knowledge of essential office equipment, computers, and the internet
EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Highly Skilled in interpersonal relationships with students and adults in leadership, management, teaching, counseling, and/or other professional positions.
- Ability to present an image of confidence and professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Ability to engage students to recognize their talents and create or awaken a desire to achieve.
- Knowledge of advising/counseling techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, coordinate workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information and data gathered from work with students and parents.
- Understand overall diversity and individual characteristics of students; specifically, how this impacts the support needed.
- Ability and experience in handling and leading diverse student populations and creating a fun, engaging learning environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and those contacted in the course of work.
- Willingness to learn new things and eagerness to acquire new skills.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator and Director on instructional plans and changes affecting the class.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings or coordinate an alternative time with the Coordinator or Director to receive relevant information.
- Complete required training sessions scheduled by the Coordinator or Director, and annually complete 15 hours of minimum professional development courses.
- Able to teach online via Zoom video conferencing, Google Classroom, and use Remind App.
- Provide students with contact information on who to contact regarding technical issues.
- Using current pedagogy, create active online/onsite learning environments by using textbooks, multimedia, online resources, and supplemental materials rooted in ESL teaching methodologies.
- Contextualize curriculum to include workforce/workplace skills and industry-related material, if applicable.
- Record required student data such as contact information, case notes, or test results into a database.
- Encourage and engage students to speak in English.
- Motivate students to create a pleasant and productive learning environment.
- Create individualized learning plans that help students achieve their learning goals
- Coordinate pre/posttest within the pre-established timeline.
- Follow agency, state, and federal policies, procedures, and laws.
- Commit to modeling agency core values with all members of the team, students, and volunteers.
- Assist with student registration, orientation, assessment administration, and follow-up as requested by the Program Coordinator or the Director of Instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $17.00 to $21.00 per hour
This position is grant funded. Although the grant is expected to end, additional funding might be obtained to extend the grant beyond the end date. If that would occur, your employment under the grant might also be extended. However, all employment is considered to be at will and may be terminated by you or the agency at any time regardless of the end date of the grant.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, bending, twisting, and walking to perform the essential functions.