|Hiring Organization||Arizona Opera|
|Post Name||ASSISTANT PRODUCTION ELECTRICIAN|
|Qualification||12th Pass, Any Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85004|
Arizona Opera seeks an experienced Assistant Production Electrician (APE) for the Season. The Arizona Opera season consists of two series. The RED Series will consist of two operas at the Herberger Theatre Center in Phoenix and the Temple of Music and Art in Tucson.
The Main Stage Series consists of three operas at Symphony Hall in Phoenix and the Linda Ronstadt Music Hall in Tucson. The Assistant Production Electrician must be available for all dates listed below. All operas tech in Phoenix. Preferred applicants should be located in Phoenix, AZ; however, we are open to all applicants.
About Arizona Opera
Arizona Opera, originally the Tucson Opera Company, was founded by a dedicated group of opera enthusiasts. Its inaugural season featured two performances of Rossini’s The Barber of Seville in Tucson and by the Season, Arizona Opera was performing complete seasons in both Tucson and Phoenix.
Since its inaugural year, Arizona Opera has produced over 170 fully-staged operas and concerts. The company’s artistic history is rich with a blend of opera’s traditional repertoire featuring baroque, bel canto, and verismo works, turn-of-the-century masterpieces, operettas, and American operas.
Arizona Opera has also presented Wagner’s complete Ring Cycle twice, a feat that has only been accomplished in North America by four other companies. In addition to producing five grand operas each year in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona Opera offers in-school touring productions and numerous outreach events for children and adults of all ages.
Arizona Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal access and opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, and/or military status. Arizona Opera is committed to racial equity and to dismantling historic barriers of oppression.
The Assistant Production Electrician is a seasonal position that reports to the Production Electrician and Lighting Supervisor and is responsible for assisting the Production Electrician with the installation, operation, and strike of all lighting equipment for the Arizona Opera Season.
The Assistant Production Electrician will work closely with the Arizona Opera Lighting Department in maintaining accurate theatre and show documentation and performing systems and fixture installation and maintenance when necessary. In addition to working closely with the Arizona Opera Lighting Team, the APE will work closely with the Technical Director, carpenters, fly operators, riggers, and other stage crew.
If the Assistant Production Electrician has experience programming ETC Eos consoles, they may have the opportunity to program for the Arizona Opera Main Stage or RED Series productions. Additionally, the Assistant Production Electrician will be working closely and hands-on with the lighting team and IATSE crews and therefore should demonstrate a will to work well with other departments.
The Production Electrician may have the opportunity to work rentals and other events located at the Arizona Opera Center and Arizona Opera Black Box Theater. If the candidate portrays strong potential, Arizona Opera may provide additional training in ETC lighting consoles and other theatrical skills prior to the season.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction of the Production Electrician.
- Interpretation, and Implementation of lighting designs for all Arizona Opera productions.
- Maintain the integrity of the lighting design throughout the production.
- Troubleshoot issues with lighting equipment with the lighting equipment, console, moving lights, effects, and atmospheric effects.
- Be in attendance for all light hang, focus, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, previews, and performances as required.
- Assist the Production Electrician with troubleshooting during dimmer checks before all shows and make any necessary repairs to lighting equipment.
- Act as a focused tech for all production focus calls.
- Read rehearsal reports, production/show reports, schedules, and calendars.
- Setting up and installing the power package for all shows produced by Arizona Opera.
- Serve as a follow spot operator for all Arizona Opera productions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Electrician and Lighting Supervisor.
- Experience running theatrical productions and following stage management cues.
- Knowledge of programming ETC Eos series lighting consoles.
- Skilled experience in repair and maintenance of standard and automated lighting equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all members of the production team.
- Knowledge of safety procedures necessary to maintain a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices.
- Experience working in a fly-house.
- Experience in safely operating various types of personnel lifts.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding lighting documentation, I.e., channel hookup, instrument schedule, color cut sheets, and light plots.
- Possess knowledge of low voltage wiring and DMX protocol.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of electrical theory and an understanding of electrical safety.
- Possesses a positive attitude, and initiative is flexible, works well as a team member, and has high attention to detail.
- Experience working with 3-phase power and company switches.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Lift, carry, push, pull: generally, 35-50 pounds.
- Able to work on ladders, and heights exceeding 25’ while using proper PPE.
- Ability to work long days and overtime with little notice.
- Must travel to Tucson for performance weeks. (Accommodations Provided)
- Availability for evening and weekend work required.
- Arizona Opera continues to monitor the pandemic situation. The Production Electrician will be expected to comply
- with Arizona Opera’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated with the latest state and federal guidelines.