|Hiring Organization||Encotech Engineering Consultants|
|Post Name||Graduate Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year university plus a minimum of three (3) years of engineering work experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 69500 To USD 87900 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78217|
Responsible for performing and leading others in engineering design, planning, and reviewing for small to medium projects and designated segments of larger complex projects in a specific engineering discipline for an assigned functional area.
The position requires the application of professional engineering concepts, principles, practices, and methods sufficient to perform a broad range of engineering activities in a variety of work environments.
An experienced Engineer may guide the Designer required to exercise judgment in interpreting, analyzing, and adapting methods, techniques, and procedures to specific cases. Initially completed work is reviewed for technical soundness, appropriateness, and compliance with standard engineering practices.
- Preparation and maintenance of design drawings, diagrams, charts, plans, and permits under the supervision of a professional engineer. Develop proposals for impacts, perform preliminary and final designs, and prepare design criteria for assigned projects.
- Preparation of standards, equipment specifications, design procedures, and test procedures related to standardization and engineering policies and practices.
- Coordinates and provides various technical information to clients by contacts with personnel including inter and intradepartmental administrative and engineering personnel, other government agencies, contractors, consultants, and the public to exchange information, coordinate work, answer questions, and address concerns.
- Use computerized software programs (AutoCAD & Revit) to prepare drawings and provide technical advice and guidance to assigned work or projects. Develop, analyze, and generate technical reports, correspondence, and official documents.
- Use engineering and mathematical references and tables, charts, computer equipment, and accepted documentation processes required to perform professional engineering studies, calculations, analyses, estimates, etc.
- Preparation of preliminary, periodic, and final estimates of quantities, materials, equipment, labor, and facilities for the preparation of budgets, programs, schedules, partial and final contract payments, and other purposes for various projects.
- Conduct field observations of work done by contractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Draft and recommend contract change orders and payments for approval.
- Perform statistical analysis to ensure compliance with established specifications.
- Identifies the problem or opportunity through the collection and analysis of data.
- Interprets and condenses field notes to prepare and/or oversee the preparation of plans and drawings.
- Determines project requirements and estimates resources.
- Conducts economic analyses to determine an optimum plan
- Creates an effective project plan.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Create milestones.
- Anticipates project constraints and creates alternative plans.
- Monitors project status against the plan and reports on the results.
- Provides input for requests for proposals (RFPs) and assists in the analysis of responses.
- Provides input into the preparation of contracts and participates in the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Performs contract administration and construction observations for minor projects.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates, progress, and cost tracking reports.
- Acts independently on technical matters in the assigned field of expertise and recommends approval of professional services, materials, and construction procurement contracts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year university plus a minimum of three (3) years of engineering work experience
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination or in the process of taking the exam
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- Attention to detail
- Can clearly and effectively communicate with corporate managers, end-users, and engineers from other departments