|Hiring Organization||McIntosh Perry|
|Post Name||Junior Environmental Scientist|
|Qualification||Graduate from a university or college program in Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Sciences, Biology, Environmental Engineering, or related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 4000 To CAD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K0A 1L0|
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working, and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Environmental team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of Phase I / II ESAs
- Hydrogeological testing, analysis, and reporting;
- Pumping tests and infiltration testing, analysis, and reporting;
- Preparation of EASR and PTTW applications;
- Fieldwork and reporting associated with site remediation;
- Environmental monitoring at waste disposal sites, lagoons, former mine sites, etc.;
- Air quality monitoring;
- Occasional fieldwork supporting other MP groups (natural sciences, land development, environmental engineering, others);
- Project coordination, data analysis, and reporting pertaining to the above duties, and;
- Other duties may be required from time to time.
- Graduate from a university or college program in Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Sciences, Biology, Environmental Engineering, or related field;
- Preferred 1 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in ESAs and/or hydrogeological investigations;
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario and occasionally out-of-province for work assignments;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, including full days in the field during winter months;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to analyze and report on collected data;
- Experience in project management is considered an asset;
- Experience with specialized field techniques (e.g. Guelph permeameter, core logging, soil vapor testing, hydrogeological testing, etc.) is considered an asset;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
You didn’t go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose – Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done, and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
As one of the country’s fastest-growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts, and problem solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
- Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
- Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
- Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
- Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
- Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? – Personal responsibility
- Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
More Category Wise Jobs :
- FreeJobAlertSSC does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.