|Hiring Organization||Phoenix Zoo|
|Post Name||Event Facilitator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To USD 19 Per Hour|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85008|
The Event Facilitator is responsible for the preparation, execution, completion, and clean-up of private events for social, corporate, and internal clients.
Coordinates and provides client, vendor, and guest access to the facilities and support at the venue as needed on the day of the event following directions from Corporate/ Social Event Sales Staff to ensure an on-time and successful event.
- Provide quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive, and professional) working attitude and appearance.
- Work collaboratively with Group Event department staff, rental company staff, caterers, Park Rangers, bartenders, and other third-party and internal staff members to ensure event needs are met.
- Prepare, clean, set up, and break down corporate, social, and internal events when required by departments’ schedules/workloads.
- Assist in facilitating necessary furnishings, equipment, and services as needed by clients and or third-party vendors.
- Maintain facilities and equipment with the assistance of Operations staff
- Prepare a monthly inventory of liquor and bar-related supplies (notify the Event Operations Manager of the need to replenish inventory).
- Oversee set up and facilitation of all alcohol service at private or internal events while enforcing Phoenix Zoo House Rules and Arizona State Liquor Laws in regard to alcohol distribution.
- Report all facility or equipment problems to the Event Operations Manager.
- Assist with special and fundraising events as needed.
- Assist WILD Birthdays program as needed.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous professional event and/or banquet set-up experience preferred.
- Must exhibit initiative and teamwork.
- Able to work varied work schedules including working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to bend, stoop, crawl and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and drug test.