|Hiring Organization||Clayton Utz|
|Post Title||Event Jobs Perth|
|Post Name||Events Adviser|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 45 To AUD 51 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Events Adviser to join the Clients and Markets team in our Perth office. You will lead day-to-day management and coordination of local events, partnerships, and sponsorships, ensuring a high level of support and coordination across a broad range of client-facing and internal staff events.
Profiling, and engagement initiatives. The role will see you guiding on-the-ground resources in our offices to deliver events and working closely with the Perth Clients and Markets Manager, Senior Adviser, and BD and Events Coordinator, as well as members of the national events team.
- Design, project management, and execution of a broad suite of online and virtual events including client entertainment; networking and hospitality events; major staff functions and events; client professional educational seminars and webinars; large-scale annual client conferences, and Perth office Alumni events.
- Taking carriage of various sponsorship and partnership arrangements with various industry associations and organizations across the arts, cultural and sporting sectors.
- Managing all event communications, including coordinating and liaising with our digital marketing team on e-marketing and social media campaigns.
- Creating event briefs, researching venues and suppliers, sourcing and negotiating quotes, and managing event budgets.
- Collating event materials, preparing event schedules, and managing event timelines.
- Working independently and proactively with the business and senior stakeholders in coordinating the logistics and setup associated with local events.
- Coordinating members from our on-the-ground catering, client floor and IT teams to assist with on-site logistics and running of events.
- Maintaining thorough attendance and financial records of all events.
- Updating Clients and Markets tools and databases as well as ensuring ongoing currency of client mailing lists on InterAction.
- Utilizing our online platforms to deliver events virtually.
- Developing process documents, manuals, and checklists to ensure consistency and best practice in event delivery.
- Mentoring and upskilling our BD and Events Coordinator and upskilling Practice Administration (PA) staff on basic event management in line with new PA capability frameworks.
- Participating in various national events and business development projects.
- Other ad-hoc marketing and business development activities as required by the Clients & Markets Manager
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum four years experience in corporate events and business development within a professional services environment (corporate events experience is essential).
- End-to-end experience in delivering and project managing large events or conferences (essential).
- Completed tertiary qualifications in Event Management or Marketing (desirable).
- Experience with client relationship database (knowledge of InterAction will be regarded favorably) and events booking software.
- Experience with online event delivery/webinars (knowledge of the ON24 platform will be regarded favorably).
- Proven ability to use Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral with exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Strong administration, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills.
- Energy, drive, resilience, and commitment will enable you to guide, organize and manage events in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexibility with working hours.
The Clients and Markets (Business Development) team
The Clients and Markets team is responsible for advising and providing services to the business on practice group and client development opportunities.
This includes the full spectrum of the marketing mix from bid management and opportunity identification to client relationship management and the development of tailored marketing materials.
It also includes an active role in event management, client, market, and industry research and analysis, media and corporate affairs, legal communications, and branding and design.