General Farm Worker
|Post Name||Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 29852 To GBP 33881 Per Year|
|Location||Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom DG1 1DX|
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organizations of its kind in Europe. SRUC’s principal purpose is to advance education, science, research, and environmental protection and improvement in rural and land-based industries.
Both domestically and internationally. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Tractor/Stockperson to join the modern and progressive Barony and Crichton farms.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for feeding the TMR to our dairy herd.
- To carry out all field operations that support our Dairy, sheep, and arable enterprises at both our Barony and Crichton farms.
- To provide relief to the Shepherd/Stockperson in the rearing of the dairy replacements and support with Sheep Management as required.
- To be responsible for the promotion and maintenance of high standards of animal health, well-being, welfare, and productivity of Barony farm livestock.
- To promote industry good working practices and a safe clean working environment.
- To be responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate service records of machinery.
- To contribute to the administration, organization, and performance of Barony College Farm and Crichton Farm as an efficient and profitable business.
- Complete daily work duties in accordance with the overall priorities identified by the Farm Manager.
- To supervise students and trainees undertaking the development and consolidation of practical skills when required.
- Develop professional working relationships with other staff, course teams, and student/trainee groups, and positively promote SRUC to others.
- Ensure that the SRUC’s policies on Health, Safety & Welfare are implemented and monitor systems of work in order to achieve a safe working environment.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY link.
- Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Please read the Job Particulars document before proceeding with your application. To apply for this role, please use the SRUC online application system. CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.