|Post Name||General Construction Laborer|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85001|
Rummel Construction, Inc is seeking general construction laborers to work on projects throughout the Southwest.
A Day In the Life
With our projects, the role of a laborer will vary day to day. One day you may be working as a certified traffic control flagger (we’ll train you), and the next day you may be setting riprap rock in a flood control channel.
Labor crews are vital to the set up of new projects and frequently set up massive sprinkler systems to prepare the soil for our equipment.
The common theme is that you’re going to be working on the ground with hand tools, doing lots of walking, lifting, and carrying. If you’ve never worked in construction, this is a great primer to become familiar with the equipment and labor involved.
You can expect to:
- Work outside in all seasons
- Stand, walk and carry tools and materials from 10-50 lbs
- Clearly communicate with teammates, operators, and supervisors
- Provide Work Zone traffic control as a flagger (don’t worry we’ll train you)
- Use shovels, brooms, and hand tools to assist earthwork operations
- Haul, carry and set up HDPE pipe for pre-wet operations
This is a safety-sensitive position that requires the following:
- The ability to move and lift materials and tools ranging from 10-50 lbs
- The ability to communicate with co-workers using hand signals and two-way radios
- The ability to safely walk on 2:1 slopes and unfinished, rough terrain throughout the job site
- The ability to safely and properly use hand tools and equipment according to Company Policies and Procedures
- The ability to work in a wide range of weather conditions – hot, cold, wet, humid
- The ability to perform safe and efficient labor according to the Company Policies and Procedures
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have reliable transportation to get to job sites.
- Our work takes us all over the Southwest US and you must also be willing to travel to project locations.
What else to expect:
Our projects typically run Monday-Friday, during daylight hours. What that means is when the sun starts coming up earlier in the day (think summer), we start working earlier. In the summer you can expect to start work at 5:30 AM. Overtime is allowed, but not guaranteed. Lastly, and we can’t stress this enough – reliable transportation is a must!
What do we offer?
- An excellent team-based work environment
- Competitive pay
- Subsidized health insurance
- A 401K plan
- Voluntary Dental and Supplemental benefits
- Opportunities to grow into other departments
- Paid Company Holidays
For 25 years Rummel Construction has been a leader in the heavy civil earthmoving industry. We own and operate more than 200 pieces of heavy equipment and are more than 600 strong in Arizona.
We’re dedicated to safe production, employee engagement, and career development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us. A good number of our current Heavy Equipment Operators started as laborers, so if you’re looking to get into that, this is the place to be!