|Post Name||Guest Services Representative|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years experience in a customer service position, preferably in a medical field|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60657|
Supports a strategic location in the hospital by providing resources, information, and security to visitors, patients, staff, and physicians.
- Provides superior customer services by greeting and welcoming each individual that they encounter.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the hospital by answering questions for patients or visitors, and responding to meet their requests or needs.
- Obtains authorization/clearance before allowing visitors to proceed to their desired location, as outlined by protocol.
- Assures that transportation equipment is available for use in a timely and efficient manner (i.e. appropriate size and numbers of wheelchairs, walkers, etc).
- Provides information regarding a patient’s test/procedure, wayfinding/location of the patient’s destination, inpatient room information, and other visitor information like restrictions, hours, or waiting areas.
- Cross-checks visitor requests with the visitor restriction list and BOLOs as a primary means to enforce patient and associate safety.
- Manages visitor guidelines as outlined by hospital policy.
- Provides recommendations and coordinates upon request for visitors seeking transportation, dining, hotel, florist, or other personal needs.
Provides a variety of other services and/or performs a variety of other tasks in order to assure that guests’ needs are not only met but exceeded and to ensure that the hospital environment is safe, clean, friendly, efficient, and supportive of hospital activities in general.
- Monitors and responds appropriately to the infant security system in the Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby, and NICU Units.
- Assures visitors have appropriate IDs or Visitor’s passes before entering patient care areas including Nursery.
- Assure visitors’ compliance with Children’s visitation policies including completion of the “Health Screening form for Pediatric Visitors” in the Mother/Baby Unit.
- Registers potential patients for L&D /Mother & Baby Unit Tours
- Notifies appropriate departments of work environment needs, (housekeeping needs, emergency situation response needs such as leaks and significant water spills, physical building needs, (i.e. painting needs, floor cleaning needs, light fixture repair or replacement needs, etc.).
- Performs light housekeeping duties in assigned area (i.e. pick-up papers, carpet sweep, inspect furniture and wheelchairs, wipe up small spills, inspect surrounding furniture, etc.).
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager.
- Supports utilizes and works directly with volunteers to assign wayfinding assignments to patients and support other guests/visitor needs.
Performs additional tasks related to special programs or services available to patients, such as complimentary parking, transportation scheduling/assistance, travel vouchers, etc.
- Contacts taxi dispatch service, upon request, to schedule a taxi pickup from the hospital for a patient.
- Works with various clinical leaders to schedule and coordinate travel for patients who require wheelchair-equipped transportation.
- Partners with nursing to support parking needs for visitors with unplanned extended days. Follows department process for issuing and tracking complimentary parking.
- Retrieves emails sent to the department inbox and performs the appropriate action (schedule meetings, forward information, take action, etc)
- High school diploma or equivalent. 2 years experience in a customer service position, preferably in a medical field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Excel Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills. Excellent quick-thinking and problem-solving skills. Bilingual, especially Spanish-speaking, is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Can be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information. Can make quick, ethical, and sound decisions based on unique situations involving customer needs. Can work occasional weekends and holidays Can maintain composure and professional behavior in stressful situations. Can respond to emergency situations, and activate alarms / escalate up the chain of command as soon as the situation requires it. Must be able to perform physical tasks such as lifting, standing, walking, pushing, and moving patients via wheelchairs, wayfinding, or escorting.
- Can lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when the patient is unable to assist with the lift, will use patient handling equipment with at least one other associate.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals.
We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials.
Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals.
We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of specialties.