|Post Name||Medical Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78238|
Healthcare, Plus. It’s a goal and a promise. At H-E-B Wellness Primary Care, it’s our goal to help everyone live the healthiest life possible. And it’s our promise that our health care will be better than Partners have ever experienced: accessible, convenient, engaging, and complete. Join us and be part of something special.
Help us provide comprehensive services that include primary care, health coaching, physical medicine, care navigation, and more. As a Concierge, you’ll serve a key role in delivering a unique patient experience.
You’ll make our guests feel as comfortable as possible while you administer general patient care and perform/assist in other medical procedures. You’ll serve as a coordinator/liaison between patients, physicians, and other health care team members.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner of the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. ‘Partner-owned’ means our most important resources–People–drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
- HEART FOR PEOPLE… willingness to serve each patient as a personal guest?
- HEAD FOR BUSINESS… committed to providing excellent service by building/maintaining
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to help build our customer base?
We are looking for:
- a high school diploma, or equivalent
- experience as a medical assistant, admissions rep, or in-clinic support
What is the work?
- Welcomes each guest warmly and professionally; provides a caring environment; handles guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality; responds to all requests personably, accurately, and in a timely manner; accommodates special requests when possible
- Assists with check-in process; processes transactions required to begin / complete patient visits
- Provides exceptional customer service; manages multi-phone line system; answers calls; schedules appointments; maintains clinic calendar/scheduling; responds to emails
- Resolves patient complaints; assists patients in all Clinic-related inquiries
- Promotes H-E-B Wellness Primary Care services
- Develops an understanding of H-E-B-sponsored health insurance (e.g., co-pays, co-insurance, and related benefits-specific offerings)
- Develops an in-depth understanding of eligibility files, check-in technology, electronic health record system, and overall workflow related to care delivery
- Serves as a resource to patients; facilitates coordination of patient care
- Assists with the patient referral process, and associated follow-ups
- Obtains referring physician orders and outside facility images/reports as necessary
- Performs patient intake interviews; takes medical histories; checks/records vital signs
- Draws blood; administers medications, including injections; collects lab specimens; assists physicians with exams / other medical procedures; provides clinic support
- Replenishes medical supplies/materials
- Maintains collaborative, professional relationships with clinic staff
- Ensures adherence to HIPAA regulations
What is your background?
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant or surgical technician program (preferred)
- Medical Assistant certification (CMA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 1+ years of experience in office, clerical, or medical work; medical assistant, admissions rep, or clinic support (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in phlebotomy/blood drawing (preferred)
- Experience in customer service
- Experience working with electronic health records (preferred)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B WPC Concierge?
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency in MS Office, related software/applications
- Advanced interpersonal, customer service, and issue-resolution skills
- Advanced written / verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and follow-through skills; attention to detail
- Bilingual skills (English – Spanish) a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures/processes
- Ability to comfortably, efficiently manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks
- Ability to project process ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply good judgment and logic in performing duties, and responding to customer needs
- Function in a fast-paced clinic/office environment
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Regularly lift up to 20 lbs
- Work extended hours and/or rotating schedules