|Hiring Organization||Legrand Australia|
|Post Title||HR Internships Sydney|
|Post Name||HR Intern|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 4000 To AUD 4200 Per Month|
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2170|
Legrand is a global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. We’re meeting the world’s technological, social and environmental challenges by pursuing our purpose: to improve lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet, with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative, and sustainable.
We have solutions for every market segment – Residential, Commercial, Hospitals, Hotels, Data Centres, Manufacturing, Modern Retail, and Infrastructure. A leader in Australia and New Zealand for many decades, Legrand has built a strong infrastructure of sales, service, manufacturing, R&D, and logistics across both countries.
Every day, over 400 motivated employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow and make them more sustainable for everyone. This makes Legrand Australia and New Zealand a perfect place to learn, grow and build brilliant careers.
About the Opportunity at Legrand
Working as a respected member of the HR team, and reporting to the Risk & Safety Manager, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the development of safe work methods and instructions for a manufacturing environment. This is a six-month vocational placement with full-time hours.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Interviewing workers about how they do their job and operate machines
- Identifying potential hazards and ways to improve safety
- Developing safety procedures such as safe work method statements
- Consulting with the teams about the use of their safety procedures
- Educating workers on the safe use of their plant and machinery
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Willingness to learn new concepts and processes
- Excellent team involvement, coordination, and consultation skills
- Ability to investigate and research topics about plant and machinery
- Understanding hazard and risk principles for the safety of workers
- Understanding the use of online Safety Management Systems
- Ability and willingness to train staff in the use of safety procedures
This is an unpaid vocational placement, offering an allowance of $1,100 (net) per month.
What’s on Offer
- an opportunity to be a part of our success by adding your talent to our team that works together to achieve incredible outcomes
- a supportive and friendly team
- access to many benefits including our instant rewards and recognition program
- free on-site parking
- immediate start