Human Resources Manager
|Hiring Organization||Alpha Home|
|Post Name||Human Resources Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 46000 To USD 59000 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78212|
The Human Resources (HR) Manager manages all HR functions including establishing and implementing strategy and direction with respect to all HR needs. The HR Manager works with the mindset of continual improvement for effectiveness and consistency for the benefit of the organization.
The HR Manager provides short-term and long-term HR assessments and strategies to achieve and maintain HR goals. Supports and maintains Alpha Home’s policies, procedures, code of ethics, mission, and core values of Spirituality, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Inclusivity.
- Develops HR strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the organization’s strategic thinking and direction, and establishing human resources objectives to be aligned with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition and engagement, appropriate staffing, employment processing, compensation, health, and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Prepare reports for Quality Committee meetings; track employee retention and turnover, lead initiative and effort to increase retention and reduce employee turnover.
- Advise CEO and leadership team on strategic staffing plans, staffing compensation, appraisals, benefits, training, professional development, and labor relations.
- Maintain personnel files for all full-time, part-time employees, and PRN employees.
- Compose and manage job postings.
- Host team interview process to coordinate recruitment of applicants. Partner with team leads for solid team hiring decisions.
- Host new employee orientations and create participation in the orientation process for other team members to be involved with both orientation and onboarding of new team members.
- Partner with leadership team members and CEO to develop and maintain departmental training manuals and onboarding processes.
- Respond to and manage unemployment benefits claims.
- Respond to and manage workers’ compensation claims.
- Administer all payroll functions for Alpha Home through our payroll vendor; maintain, prepare and distribute
- Administrates health insurance benefits, 403(b) plan, and other supplemental benefits for Alpha Home employees, acts as agency liaison for employees with all external benefits representatives
- Complete external requests for employment and wages verification and garnishments
- Maintains updates and necessary changes related to health benefits and 403(b) benefits in vendor software
- Partner with CEO and Finance Director for the responsibility of operational budget.
- Lead and manage cultural competency training and agency actions as well as diversity and inclusivity standards.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in Human Resource Management
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Meet auto insurance requirement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional atmosphere
- Good communication skills both written and spoken, ability to communicate well with others in sensitive situations
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to privacy guidelines
- Able to work cooperatively with staff and management, or other entities, as directed
- Former clients of Alpha Home are not eligible for employment for a minimum of 5 years following discharge
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, employment background check, education verification, reference check, and urinalysis drug screen