Metro Bank PLC
As EPMO Analyst you will be working in a hybrid value stream and corporate initiatives portfolio. The team apply and safeguard our change standards for Agile and Waterfall delivery. Working with the Business, Change and IT we ensure our Change Framework is fit-for-purpose across the portfolio and identifying recommendations for future improvements. The EPMO team supports the drive for value from our change initiatives, identifying barriers and smoothing the way for delivery of outcomes.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?…
- Supporting and maintain Portfolio-level Governance control procedures for managing Portfolio wide initiatives such as budget tracking, outcome reporting & Risk Management.
- Driving the quality of data through assessing gaps and quality assurance.
- Effectively using data to inform insights, escalations and decisions by using data-driven analysis
- Supporting the collation of inputs into key Portfolio events and ensuring any actions are tracked and managed.
- Support continuous improvement activities to develop our Lean Portfolio Management framework
- Creation of management information – bringing the portfolio to life through reports and MI
You need to be this kind of person…
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- Naturally you will have a solid understanding of project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of agile ways of working including the use of Jira is essential
- Understanding of Lean Portfolio Management is desirable
- It is essential that you have strong attention to detail.
- You will have experience creating Quality Assurance processes and can interpret what data is telling you.
- You should be proactive, forward looking, flexible attitude with the ability to provide rigour and challenge.
- You will be comfortable with responsibility and taking ownership of processes.
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!