Full Job Description
Head Chef – Sociable hours
Up to £40,000 p.a. plus company benefits
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Watermeadow Grange in Exeter will be opening in Summer 2023!
This beautiful care home will provide 86 spacious ensuite bedrooms including a community dedicated to the care of people living with dementia.
At Cinnamon we like to understand what our residents enjoy. That’s why our chefs visit all residents when they move into their new home. Our chefs will establish likes and dislikes and ensure that the home’s menu cycle works for them. On occasions when this doesn’t work they are happy to cook something different. Our chefs cater for modified and individual diets and have support at hand to seek advice and guidance if needed.
The standard of food that we require will be high-end, beautifully presented, using fresh ingredients and locally sourced where available. We insist that every meal time is a truly enjoyable experience for our residents.
Overseeing and managing a full kitchen team including a second chef and kitchen assistants, you will ensure that all kitchen services are efficient, and that the required Health and Safety measures are in place and adhered to within the department.
Additional requirements of this role include:
- Monitoring the performance of suppliers and regularly check that their prices remain competitive, ensuring that the General Manager is kept informed accordingly.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems and ensure these are in place to minimise waste.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times, in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Ensure the management and implementation of safe working procedures and practices in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist the General Manager in the resolution of any complaints concerning the catering service.
Actively participate in events held in home, liaising with the General Manager and Activities Coordinator to ensure nutrition and hydration needs are met, as well as social aspects of such events.
This role involves working within a team which is committed to providing an excellent food service to the residents, having appropriate supervisory experience and relevant qualifications pertaining to the safe delivery of Food and Hygiene or Catering Services.
Level 3 in Catering or equivalent QCF qualification
Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Team player, self -motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
Ability to organize and prioritise workload, and work under pressure
Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills
Reasonable access outside working hours in emergency situations
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.