Weishaupt Design Group
Chef Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
Full job description
For lovers of design, Yellow Wood is a unique cultural project that brings together design, art, nature, and people in ways that spark creative inspiration. Our mission is to create a place where members of the design community can experience creative collaboration, inspiration, and rejuvenation, and where they can connect with the larger community in a spirit of reciprocal discovery.
We will tread lightly on the land – respectfully, and with a commitment to preservation and regeneration. We will find modern ways to integrate art into the natural surroundings.
We will fashion an environment where each of these – design, art, nature, community – can nurture and elevate one another, through storytelling and experiences.
The private residence of Weishaupt Design Group founder, Stephan Weishaupt, Yellow Wood is part of a larger network rooted in the world of design. The success of our mission is thanks to the remarkable efforts of every single member of our team. Here are some of the ways we support the rewarding experience of working together:
- RRSP Matching Program
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount on Avenue Road products
- Employee Recognition Program
- Social events throughout the year
Weishaupt Design Group is currently seeking an experienced full-time Executive Chef to join their growing team in the Caledon area, 45 minutes north of Toronto . Reporting to the Executive Director, Yellow Wood, and working closely with the Experience Manager, the Executive Chef will develop culinary experiences aligning with the cultural and sustainable vision of Yellow Wood.
Executive/Private Chef, Yellow Wood
- Create full culinary experiences, tailer menus / dishes around guests, accommodating allergies or food preferences when necessary
- Personal chef/meal planning for the president; daily staff lunch
- Plan with locality, seasonality, simplicity, and quality at the forefront
- Establish operating standards and implement quality improvements
- Source and purchase outstanding quality ingredients including oils, spices, produce, fish, meat, bread, etc.
- Build relationships and negotiate terms with local farmers, vendors, and resources
- Maintain consistent communication with the Experience Manager regarding menu selections and details
- Work collaboratively with YW team members to ensure a seamless client experience
- Inform planning of a kitchen vegetable garden and herb garden based on menus
- Track food costs and manage the supply budget
- Manage and maintain inventory of all food related supplies and products
- Ensure all client-facing spaces are presentable and well maintained
- Maintain high cleanliness standards in accordance with food safety and sanitation laws, including the inspection of supplies and equipment
- Support the production and operations of the Yellow Wood Summit
- Accommodate guests’ preferences, requests, and dietary restrictions/needs with seamless execution
- Additional duties as required
- Experience as a private chef, or in restaurant hospitality (10+ years)
- A broad culinary repertoire and commitment to understanding and executing health and nutrition through cooking
- Ability to manage planning and budgets for events at scale
- Time and resource management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to manage additional event-specific support/staffing
- Highly organized, systematic with keen attention to detail with the highest quality standards
- Collaborator and outstanding team player with a commitment to excellence through feedback
- Interest or passion in preservation methods; smoking, fermenting, drying, pickling, infused oils, jams/preserves
- Skilled in baking or willing to learn about baking techniques
- Flexibility and sensitivity required to work with diverse personalities and situations
- Confident and intuitive problem-solving skills; flexibility to think and act quickly
- Thoughtful, independent, creative and resourceful; curious and willing to learn
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and positively with team members of all levels, vendors, and guests
- Understanding of food safety and how pests, viruses, and bacteria spread
- Skilled in Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.