Supply Chain Specialist Logistics
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Working together with our internal departments and logistic partners, you will be responsible for driving, coordinating or monitoring our logistic processes. Our team goal is to assure a high level of customer satisfaction on the condition that the right product is delivered at the right place at the right time against the lowest cost through means of consistent execution of inbound and outbound shipments to our affiliates and external customers. Our team is responsible for operations of our EMEA RDC situated in The Netherlands, the APAC RDC situated in Singapore and +/- 100 service engineers situated throughout Europe, Russia, Turkey and in the APAC region.
You will be part of a dedicated team of 9 professionals located in Maastricht with great diversity in age, experience and backgrounds in Supply Chain. The team is passionate for performance and delivering state of the art Radiology medical devices to our customers, while having a lot of contact with both internal customers and colleagues in different departments. The team has a very diverse set of responsibilities, which enables different development paths both for involved topics, as for responsibility.Contactwith both internal customers and colleagues in different departments. The team has a very diverse set of responsibilities, which enables different development paths both for involved topics, as for responsibility.
The atmosphere in the Maastricht offices is characterized by a dynamic, informal, international and collaborative spirit with a “get it done” attitude within all functional areas. Our modern open office spaces make communication and collaboration easy and direct.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Together with your team, you will be responsible for:
- Plan, execute and coordinate inbound process, incl. returns, with suppliers and logistics service providers
- Plan, execute and coordinate outbound shipping process; incl. export process with timely document availability, align volumes and service provider’s capacity
- Coordination of stock balancing, inventory reconciliation, cycle counts, inventory control and material movements in close collaboration with inventory teams of 3PL
- Coordinate rework and value-added services at the service provider (eg reboxing, relabeling).
- Firm management of Logistics Service Providers on operational level, performance measurement and reporting (metrics), as well as process improvements/ KAIZENs and optimization; Manage 3PL by ensuring that our (external) warehouse is being process compliant with Bayer Pharma procedures and requirements
- Alignment between different departments regarding special customer requests, allocation decisions, issue solving
- Take active part in Quality related activities by managing the availability of new or updated procedures and work instructions and prepare (internal/external) audits and take the lead in corrective actionsdated procedures and work instructions and prepare (internal/external) audits and take the lead in corrective actions
Are you in for a new challenge in an innovative, fast growing environment? Would you like to work for a business unit that is very ambitious and wants to become the market leader in Radiology? At Bayer, we understand the importance of accurate diagnosis. By providing products and tools that help enhance medical images and increase diagnostic confidence, we make a strong impact on the field of Radiology. Let’s join our forces!
WHO YOU ARE
You are ambitious and have a service-minded and can-do attitude. You can keep your head cool, define your own priorities and keep track of all ongoing matters. You’re a multitasking talent. You identify opportunities and room for improvement and make it your goal to ensure these enhancements are successfully implemented. Also, since you are dealing with important and compliance relevant data, you have a sharp eye for detail and work accurate and precise.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong experience (10+ years) in logistics, preferably both at logistics service provider and manufacturing company in a similar position, experience in medical sector is preferred
- Experience in inventory control, organizing cycle count strategies and stock change movements (Inventory location and Inventory status). Experience in manufacturing steps and re-labeling processes is a plus.
- Language: Fluent English in writing and verbal; Dutch preferred
- Advanced experience with SAP MM, SD, WM; good knowledge of Microsoft Office applicationsapplications
- Knowledge of MRP and TMS is an advantage, as well as good knowledge in EDI interfaces
- High level of ownership and accountability for delivering required service, also in busy times
- Affinity with planning and having structured and transparent working approach
- Experience in project management, facilitation, action tracking, managing stakeholders
- Analytically inclined. With strong focus on monitoring, improving and sustaining
- Well-developed communicative and collaborative skills
- You have an EU nationality or a work and residence permit for the Netherlands
- You live within reasonable travel distance from Maastricht
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An excellent competitive salary based on a 40-hour work week
- An additional 8% holiday allowance, your end premium, and a bonus (based on company results)
- 34 days of leave, of which 5 are reserved for days the office closed
- A solid retirement plan and bicycle lease plan
- A solid retirement plan and bicycle lease plan
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
To apply for this job please visit nl.indeed.com.