NDT Level II
Full Job Description
Must relocate to Phoenix, AZ
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the daily start up and process controls of inspection materials and equipment, in addition to other duties as defined below.
This position is in Northstar’s Manufacturing Department, and reports to the Production Supervisor. The position works with all levels of employees throughout the organization as necessary, but does not direct the work of other employees. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are listed below. This list is not all inclusive and may be amended by Northstar, from time to time.
- Daily start up and process controls of inspection materials and equipment
- Conducting tests on aerospace products including cast, welded and wrought assemblies
- Interpreting and evaluating products for acceptance or rejection, and documenting results
- Provide the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel in the technique/method in which they are certified; develop part specific techniques in the method in which they are certified.
This position will not direct the work of any other employees.
The physical requirements of this position are listed below. This list is not all inclusive and may be amended by Northstar, from time to time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, writing and typing
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds
- Occasional reaching, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, twisting, bending and repetitive motion
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles
- Frequent exposure to moderate to heavy noise
- The ability to wear proper personal protective equipment, including earplugs, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent experience. Required formal classroom training for each method shall be a minimum of: 32 Hours – Liquid Penetrant; 32 Hours – Magnetic Particle; 80 Hours – Radiography
- Experience Required: Minimum experience on-the-job experience required for each method: 400 Hours – Liquid Penetrant; 530 Hours – Magnetic Particle; 1600 Hours – Radiography
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
The knowledge, skills and abilities required and/or preferred for this position are listed below. This list is not all inclusive and may be amended by Northstar, from time to time.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be dependable, professional, flexible, have a positive attitude and a solid work history
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and 6-Sigma defect analysis
- Must be able to pass general, specific and practical examinations for each method certified
- Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control methods utilized at Northstar Phoenix
- Must have a basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspection technology
- Must be US CItizen or permenent resident
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.