Intern, Embedded Software Developer
Full Job Description
CS Group – Canada Inc. – Montréal, Quebec
We are looking for an embedded software developer intern to join a dynamic and multidisciplinary team. Please note that the number of hours per week is flexible, depending on your availability.
The intern reports to a team leader. Duties associated with the position include:
- Contribute to the preparation of the technical development plan and standard;
- Support the high level software architecture of an embedded software (in accordance with the DO-178C development standard);
- Carry out the various stages of formal software development (specification, component and module design, coding and verification);
- Verify the quality of the various software components produced by other team members;
- Ensure software integration;
- Report a clear technical status to the team leader and customer point of contact;
- Evaluate and consolidate workloads.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer or software engineering in progress
- Proficient in English and French (speaking and writing)
- The candidate must be a citizen canadien or a permanent resident
- Knowledge in writing technical documents (development plan, specification/design documents, etc).
- Software Knowledge: C – Language
- Knowledge in using Requirement Management tools such as DOORS
- Knowlegde Integrated development environment such as Eclipse
- Knowledge developing software for microcontroller on real-time applications
- Knowledge in communication protocols (CANbus, ARINC429, ethernet, Serial communication (RS-422, SPI, I2C))
- Interest in isolate and troubleshoot hardware, system and software problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with multi-disciplinary stakeholders (system engineers, hardware engineers, managers, chief engineer etc…)
- Autonomy and ability to find solutions and compromises
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
CS Group Canada values diversity in the workplace and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.