|Post Name||Research Associate|
|Qualification||Candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US university, or international university of an equivalent standard, in biology, microbiology, or a related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 42250 To USD 87750 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78217|
The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Associate I to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX.
NAMRU-SA conducts gap-driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
- Assists technical personnel associated with the projects and manage data
- Assists in research design
- Sets up, operates, and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols for research under contract.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract
- Researches and collects data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures; library research; or through other means for research projects
- Compiles and may analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques
- Writes and edits material for publication and presentation
- Reports on the status of research activities
- Routes administrative paperwork related to scientific products
- Candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US university, or international university of an equivalent standard, in biology, microbiology or a related field
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required
- Experience in a military medical research laboratory is a plus
- Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation); or equivalent. Web-based classes do not meet these standards
- Experience in microbiology
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other laws.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry.
In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities.
If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets.
The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ending December.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave, and Retirement.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work).
Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.