|Hiring Organization||Alterna Savings|
|Post Name||Branch Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 60000 To CAD 65000 Per Year|
|Location||Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6T 5J1|
Alterna Savings was the first full-service, member-owned financial co-operative outside Quebec. Alterna was the first credit union to offer micro-loans through our Community Microfinance Program.
The program also offers wrap-around support for underserved entrepreneurs with one-on-one consultations, financial education, tools, and workshops. Since its inception, the program has disbursed millions in loans and helped change the lives of thousands of underrepresented people and their families.
Alterna is a leader in the cannabis industry and was the first financial institution to provide services to marijuana-related businesses in Canada. Alterna was the first credit union to introduce a national digital bank and the first to offer a fully digital end-to-end mortgage through our wholly-owned subsidiary, Alterna Bank.
We are looking for a talented Branch Manager to assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operation. You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales target achievement.
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration, and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives, and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of the branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development, and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities, and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Requirements and skills
- Proven branch management experience, as a Bank Manager or similar role
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results-driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skills